What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubes possible broken leg

legend

Coach
Sad to see him go out with an injury and I hope it's only a sprain but it will leave a void for next weekend and he is not easily replaced. I'm going to assume he wont be available broken leg or not so I think Elliott will run with this side:

Schif
Chalk
Mogg
Monaghan
Smith
Croker
Drew
Smith
Hindmarsh
Hodgson
O'Hara
Woolford
Thompson

Miller
McLinden
Martin
Rothery???

Not a very big bench but all our dominant forwards are out injured. The bench looks really thin and that is a big concern.

I'd Like:

1. Schif
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Monoghan
5. Graham ???? If not Smith
6. Croker
7. Drew
8. O Hara
9. Woolford ???? If not Drew to Hooker and Marty to Half
10. Miller
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hodgson
13. Smith

14. Thompson
15. Rothery
16. Martin
17. McLinden

Anonymous

Juniors
Here's my 17:

1-C.Schifcofske
2-M.Chalk
3-A.Mogg
4-J.Monaghan
5-P.Graham
6-J.Croker
7-B.Drew
8-R.O'Hara
9-S.Woolford(c)
10-T.Thompson
11-I.Hindmarsh
12-M.Hodgson
13-T.Smith

14-J.Miller
15-A.Rothery
16-T.Martin
17-M.McLinden
18-T.Carney

If Germ is suspended, Drew goes to Hooker, Marty to half and Carney to the bench.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I don't really see the point in Carney coming off the bench.
I really would like to see flying Phil in the centres, with Nathan Smith on the wing.
Monaghan even tonight isn't a quarter of what he's capable of.

greeneyed

First Grade
Just wait... the judiciary will not be kind to Woolford... definite suspension coming up.......

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't mind admitting I had a tear in the eye when Ruben ran on to the ground tonight... very emotional....... even worse when he is on the sideline with the broken fibia and his mum is there with him hugging him....

And when he went around the ground in the red corvette... more tears from me... especially when he got out of the car and every player came up and hugged him....

Very sad end to his career with us....

Tik

Juniors
Still cant believe he wont be with us next year :cry:

The one and only Ruben Wiki ................ legendary

bucko

Juniors
The saddest moment in 25 years. The fact that we won't be seeing him personally after every game is really hard to deal with. Oh and the fact that he wanted to stay...I did well to hold back the tears. Good luck to Statue as well on that note.

hrundi99

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I don't mind admitting I had a tear in the eye when Ruben ran on to the ground tonight... very emotional....... even worse when he is on the sideline with the broken fibia and his mum is there with him hugging him....

And when he went around the ground in the red corvette... more tears from me... especially when he got out of the car and every player came up and hugged him....

Very sad end to his career with us....

I'm with ya. :cry: :cry: :cry:

peter_raiders

Juniors
his mum is there with him hugging him....

That was actually his wife. They also made the same mistake on ABC radio.

But what annoyed me was the coverage in the Sunday Telegraph of the whole weekend.

Firstly they couldnt even supply us with colour pictures on an event which meant everything to so many supporters not only of Ruben Wiki's farewell but of the Knights and Tigers players also (because i personally will be cutting the pictures of Ruben out and pinning them on my wall and would of preferred that they were in colour). When i opened that page up i was glad Ruben was in the middle but thought that it was a little disrespectful to only deserve black and white.

Secondly the match report absolutely sucked. Well there was no match report. They did a good job of using half the article about Ruben and so they should have. But the rest was just jibber and not one of our tries was described of how it was scored or anything.

Lastly they also called Ruben's wife his mum in a caption which was above Ruben kissing (on the lips) his wife. I found this quite amusing but very stupid.

So i went out and bought the sun herald opened it up to have a large COLOUR picture of Ruben and quite a good match report.

What's the go ???

Edwahu

Bench
It was a great night despite the injury. No matter how the sides going we usually send our greats off the right way. The fact that it was just the die hards made it even more special.

Kris_man

Bench
i loved when he pointed to fans in the crowd who had Ruben banners, and went up and greeted them. was that any of you guys?

hrundi99

First Grade
I saw a girl (about 9 or 10) with the banner he put on the back of the Vette in the post match function afterwards.

She looked sad no doubt because Wiki had "left the building".

It was a bit of an anti-climax.

greeneyed

First Grade
His mum was there hugging him too.

The Sun Herald copy that I bought didn't even HAVE the match report... presumably the early edition.

Latest posts