What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Munky

Coach
There's two categories of Union players.

1. Australian Union talent. There's not much there for the NRL to go after other than the odd wallaby because the best Rugby talent in Australia is already playing league.

2. New Zealand talent. This is the Union talent worth going after for the NRL as the best Rugby talent in NZ more or less is playing Union

Kids playing Union in Australia are either the kids of old boys or Mt Druitt's finest who were spotted carving it up on a league field and offered a full scholarship.

Who then become poorly adjusted adults because the school covers up their infractions since they win GPS games over the school a kilometre up the road.

Nz Union junior's are more equivalent to Australian League junior's.

Wb1234

Referee
Kids playing Union in Australia are either the kids of old boys or Mt Druitt's finest who were spotted carving it up on a league field and offered a full scholarship.

Who then become poorly adjusted adults because the school covers up their infractions since they win GPS games over the school a kilometre up the road.

Nz Union junior's are more equivalent to Australian League junior's.
Union flogs think suaali is a union junior

Not if his dad has anything to say about it
That`s certainly not necessarily true, Fittler would well know the career opportunities outside of football are probably still far greater in onion than League. Old school tie and all that, hopefully with the growing business side of League we may be able to change that.

Vlad59

Bench
That`s certainly not necessarily true, Fittler would well know the career opportunities outside of football are probably still far greater in onion than League. Old school tie and all that, hopefully with the growing business side of League we may be able to change that.
Exactly right. His old man would be acting in his best interests.

That’s why he’s likely to stay at Easts. Uncle Nick and a board choc-full of connected, millionaires at the Roosters will guide him for life.

gerg

Juniors
Yes, the same one who switched to league after leaving high school and after playing club rugby down in Wellington.

Are you actually following the discussion or just jumping in guns blazing without getting context?
Guns blazing? Sure bro. I think getting them while they're still young enough is important. Signing an established All Black would be amazing publicity but if clubs want the best ROI they're better off targeting the younger guys.

Matua

Bench
Guns blazing? Sure bro. I think getting them while they're still young enough is important. Signing an established All Black would be amazing publicity but if clubs want the best ROI they're better off targeting the younger guys.
This doesn't relate to my post and the context of the post I was quoting.

In fact, you're actually agreeing with the point I made while arguing with me about it.

Matua

Bench
Sorry I don't subscribe to your posting requirements Karen.
The irony of a poster wandering into a discussion, misinterpreting the discussion, packing a hissy fit and doubling down when this is pointed out to them, and then calling me a Karen. Comedy gold.

Only 35k at the Wales V Wallabies game tonight, can't even sell out Allianz in the heart of Union territory:(
I think the fact they scheduled the test at Allianz to begin with suggests RA were expecting to struggle for numbers. If they'd done well at the WC last year I suspect they'd have pushed for Accor instead.

Be interesting to see how many show up there for the Bled game in Sep. Should be a better showing but gees anything less than 60-70k is going to be a bad look.

Latest posts