What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Vlad59

Bench
Rugby Australia has launched its own version of tag to be promoted by Mark Gasnier. Failed last time. Let’s see how it goes this time.

taste2taste

Juniors
Rugby Australia has launched its own version of tag to be promoted by Mark Gasnier. Failed last time. Let’s see how it goes this time.
Gaz is hoping to get it played in schools.
Seems it's the same as Austag but you have to pretend to clear the ruck after a tip, have a non contested scrum after a knock on, non contested line out if the ball goes in to touch and the offensive team gets 7 tags before they kick ( which is totally different to leagues 6 tackles lol )

Good luck Gaz, you're going to need it.

I noticed comments got turned off on this video, I'm guessing they weren't too positive lol

Vlad59

Bench
Gaz is hoping to get it played in schools.
Seems it's the same as Austag but you have to pretend to clear the ruck after a tip, have a non contested scrum after a knock on, non contested line out if the ball goes in to touch and the offensive team gets 7 tags before they kick ( which is totally different to leagues 6 tackles lol )

Good luck Gaz, you're going to need it.

I noticed comments got turned off on this video, I'm guessing they weren't too positive lol

About 30 years ago they introduced a similar concept. I played it in the off season. I can’t see how it would compete with league tag/oz tag or touch as it’s too complex.