What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 2 bugs and gripes

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Razor said:
A place kick is a kick from a tee, like they do at kick-off

A place kick is any kick that is put on the ground then kicked. So yes a kick off is one, but so is a "tap" kick also. This includes 20m restarts although now the rules state that its an "optional" 20m kick so you dont have to put it on the ground.

Razor

Coach
When you kick any ball near the line the computer controlled players(including the ones in your team) stand on the line and catch the ball. Or run towards the line getting the ball and running into touch instead of letting the ball roll into touch.

LESStar58

Referee
That f**king kick metre sh*ts me to tears! It goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fast on PC for you to get the accuracy right!

LESStar58

Referee
On that kicking for touch for penalty thing...the scrum hasn't happened to me YET.

And yeah the commentary is pretty lacklusture!

Razor

Coach
LESStar58 said:
That f**king kick metre sh*ts me to tears! It goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fast on PC for you to get the accuracy right!

It's not meant to be easy. If it went slowly you'll kick every goal.

It's easy to kick the ones near the post just like in real life, and more difficult the further out you get because it requires a much higher standard of accuracy.

sunny

I don't mind if the game is hard, but it has to at least work. Some of the stuff that's being reported here is just flat out unacceptable.

Azkatro

First Grade
I had a missed penalty attempt caught in goal and the ball was returned for a 20m restart. Also advantage, from what I can tell, is NEVER played - I've experienced this both from offside calls (you could be on your own in the clear with Billy Slater but the ref will stop play to give you a penalty for them being offside), and also it's great that play continues from a knock-on but I had one near touch, picked up the ball and uncontrollably stepped out ... and they got the feed.

So that'd be my biggest gripe, that advantage is never played.

Razor

Coach
Azkatro said:
I had a missed penalty attempt caught in goal and the ball was returned for a 20m restart. Also advantage, from what I can tell, is NEVER played - I've experienced this both from offside calls (you could be on your own in the clear with Billy Slater but the ref will stop play to give you a penalty for them being offside), and also it's great that play continues from a knock-on but I had one near touch, picked up the ball and uncontrollably stepped out ... and they got the feed.

So that'd be my biggest gripe, that advantage is never played.

Have you turned the advantage rule on?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i found a bug with the advantage rule, nothing huge

i knocked it on just before going into touch, the oppisition picked it up and i drilled him into touch, i got the scrum feed... clearly there was no advantage gained

but thats the worst i got, and if thats as bad as it gets then its all good

Deano

Juniors
Yeah the advantage seems to be over as soon as an opposition player picks the ball up.

PJ Marshal

Coach
another thing that is annoying how the bloody RL2 logo flashes up every 2 seconds when something happens in play

ngunity

Juniors
IMO it should be called Rugby League version 1.1

I'll conceed there's been big improvements made, but some of the stupidest problems from the original remain

* Opponents defence isn't set properly from the scrum
* Players will wander over the sideline with abandon when you pass it to a winger close to the side-line
* Goal line defence still rushes up past the guy with the ball leaving gaping holes, no compacting the defensive line on the goal line too
* CPU can play ball to no dummy half and human player must wait patiently as ball sits on ground for up to 5 seconds while CPU hooker wanders in to scoop it up. If you rush up to affect a quick tackle it's Penalty> Offside
* generally passing can still be a mess. Wingers will drift in front of their centres, the line won't be staggered for a backline movement, etc

I like:
* playmaker passing on the last
* improved positional play e.g. hooker plays hooker, props get lined up for one-out hit-ups

I'd suggest they get some designers and play testers who've watched and played the sport of rugby league on board

Odium

Juniors
The whole game is a bug, Sidhe should have to face the UN for crimes against humanity, get the game right before you charge people money for it.

MC DUI

Juniors
PJ Marshal said:
another thing that is annoying how the bloody RL2 logo flashes up every 2 seconds when something happens in play

OMG, I cannot agree more, I just played my first game his morning and that bloody logo just doesn't stop flashing up! :x

Also when setting up your game on the PS2 the menu loads all the time making movements jerky. I tried installing on my HDD to improve the loading but it won't run unfortunately. It gets to the menu but the options are greyed out so that you can't select them.

Of the game I played this morning it seems the game is a lot like the original, I noticed a couple of improvements. The new passing system is good, players don't seem to receive the ball flat-footed any more. The game seems a bit more of a simulation this time, it has a less arcady type feel where your players cannot run around like idiots anymore and still expect to make a tackle.

Overall seems good so far, need to play more. Damn work.

Jordan

Juniors
Razor said:
When you kick any ball near the line the computer controlled players(including the ones in your team) stand on the line and catch the ball. Or run towards the line getting the ball and running into touch instead of letting the ball roll into touch.

That is so frustrating... there should be a super cancel button like in Pro Evo where you can take control of the cpu in those situations.

Latest posts