What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 2 is a let down

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
im sorry if im dissapointing anyone but from wat ive seen sidhe have not gone to extremes to really pik this game up and tottaly pimp it out, the screenies look very much like rl1 :( im not happy jan, i think u guys really need to scrap everything from rl1 and start new for rl2 from wat it looks like uve jus carried over rl1 physics and added some extra gameplay im sorry to say but i really think someone like an EA needs to work on a nrl game

strong_latte

Juniors
GRK_MAFIA said:
im sorry if im dissapointing anyone but from wat ive seen sidhe have not gone to extremes to really pik this game up and tottaly pimp it out, the screenies look very much like rl1 :( im not happy jan, i think u guys really need to scrap everything from rl1 and start new for rl2 from wat it looks like uve jus carried over rl1 physics and added some extra gameplay im sorry to say but i really think someone like an EA needs to work on a nrl game

Go and shoot yourself in the head now if you think EA should be doing NRL... EA have had 3 shots at Rugby Union so far and only recently have they been close to getting it right! Rugby 2005 was a decent game, but it was still VERY far from the complete package (you can't even offload FFS?!?!?!) and if you stack up the features in RL2 (sidhe's second attempt) against what was produced for Rugby 2005 (EA's 3rd attempt), then you'll see a massive discrepency that shows RL2 to be about 5 kilmotre's in front of any of EA's efforts with Rugby 2005...

Seriously mate, if you think you know what to expect of RL2 5 months out from it's release and after seeing nothing a couple blurry screenshots, then your seriously a panicky person! Just calm down and wait and you'll see this game will far exceed your expectations!

Martli

Coach
GRK_MAFIA said:

Have you played the actual fully-finished version of the game?

No. So shut up.

PS. if this is all regards to the blurry shots taken with a camera phone then you've got some thinking to do about the evidence you used to back this opinion up.

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
strong_latte said:
GRK_MAFIA said:

Go and shoot yourself in the head now if you think EA should be doing NRL... EA have had 3 shots at Rugby Union so far and only recently have they been close to getting it right! Rugby 2005 was a decent game, but it was still VERY far from the complete package (you can't even offload FFS?!?!?!) and if you stack up the features in RL2 (sidhe's second attempt) against what was produced for Rugby 2005 (EA's 3rd attempt), then you'll see a massive discrepency that shows RL2 to be about 5 kilmotre's in front of any of EA's efforts with Rugby 2005...

Seriously mate, if you think you know what to expect of RL2 5 months out from it's release and after seeing nothing a couple blurry screenshots, then your seriously a panicky person! Just calm down and wait and you'll see this game will far exceed your expectations!

Ok now mate look sorry to say but wat about everyones expectations or rl1 wat happened upon release ill say everyone was disappointed but most jus didnt show it, seriously sidhe are known for.......... umm wait i can use one hand for this ea are known for shit wait gotta use both hand feet and still wont have enough seriously sidhe will never compare to ea experience in sports gaming

Azkatro

First Grade
GRK_MAFIA said:
Ok now mate look sorry to say but wat about everyones expectations or rl1 wat happened upon release ill say everyone was disappointed but most jus didnt show it, seriously sidhe are known for.......... umm wait i can use one hand for this ea are known for sh*t wait gotta use both hand feet and still wont have enough seriously sidhe will never compare to ea experience in sports gaming

Here's a suggestion. f**k off and play EA games if you're such a devoted employee of the company!

You talk like you want the game "riced up". Well, I don't know about other fans of the game here but I'd prefer Gran Turismo 4 over Need for Speed Underground - catch my drift?

strong_latte

Juniors
GRK_MAFIA said:
strong_latte said:
GRK_MAFIA said:

Ok now mate look sorry to say but wat about everyones expectations or rl1 wat happened upon release ill say everyone was disappointed but most jus didnt show it, seriously sidhe are known for.......... umm wait i can use one hand for this ea are known for sh*t wait gotta use both hand feet and still wont have enough seriously sidhe will never compare to ea experience in sports gaming

No they don't compare to EA in experience, but let me ask you again: have you played Rugby 2005? It was a decent game by all accounts, but not much better than RL1 in many ways and it was their THIRD shot!!! 3rd!!! for Rugby 2004, their second title, they produced a game that was so error ridden and so pathetic that some gaming magazines in the US rated it "worst sports game of the year" at the end of 2003!
So yeah mate, go with EA and their "experience" *cough* if you want, but the fact remains that at the end of the day, they are all just yanks who know nothing about our sports and will never put anything CLOSE to the amount of money and resources they use to make their FIFA and Madden games! It took them about 10 years to start making fifa games that rivalled PES titles, and soccer is the most lucrative sport in the world...

Seriously EA will never buy into Rugby League because it just won't make them enough money... and if they did, then they would allow it such a small budget that it would be worse than Rugby 2004!

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
mate this arguement could go on forever im jus sayin sidhe gotta pull up der socks and really come out wit a killa game cause i have never seen a game that has as many glitches and f**k ups as rl1, that said hopefully rl2 does exceed my expectations but serious to do so they need to implement a major graphics overhaul and seriously study ur gameplay!!!

bulldog

Bench
Seriously EA will never buy into Rugby League because it just won't make them enough money... and if they did, then they would allow it such a small budget that it would be worse than Rugby 2004!

ARL '96 anybody?

If RL2 is just an upgraded version of the existing product then it better be a mighty big improvement. I don't mind saying how disappointed I was with the last one and I don't hold out much hope for the next one unless some MAJOR changes have been made to the engine. I won't be buying it until I've had a chance to try it out pretty thoroughly.

strong_latte

Juniors
Obviously! But the fact that you wanted it go to EA was just scary! After Rugby 2004 I almost felt they were trying to insult rugby fans the world over because it didn't even look like a finished game! Players WARPED in and out of rucks and the commentary was so disjointed it was scary, the animations were always latent and made things impossible to execute and none of the stadiums were even close to accurate!
Sure RL1 had it's problems, but it was still a much better stepping stone than anything EA had produced with their first 2 rugby games!
All I'm saying is that considering how little we have to go on in terms of media, that it's a bit harsh to say it's a dissapointment without seeing the final product! Alot can change in 5 months!

strong_latte

Juniors
bulldog said:

ARL '96 anybody?

Yeah, and just how many sequels did that title spurn? EXACTLY! After that effort EA thought our market was too insignificant to continue making RL titles...

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
alot could have changed in the 5 months previous to rl1 release but it didnt dont expect to much more that wat we c now

strong_latte

Juniors
Anyway, if you don't want sidhe to make the game, who else could feasibly do it? And as I said your chances of getting EA to make a decent game are about as possible of them getting the madden team to do an AFL title.

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
strong_latte said:
And as I said your chances of getting EA to make a decent game.

ur kiddin ur self mate arl 96 was the bomb. not to mention fifa 2005 f**kin awsome tiger woods 05 mate open ur eyes

bulldog

Bench
Anyway, if you don't want sidhe to make the game, who else could feasibly do it? And as I said your chances of getting EA to make a decent game are about as possible of them getting the madden team to do an AFL title.

Fair call, I hope Sidhe do a great job, but I recommend we don't get our hopes too high. I compare RL1 to having your favourite book turned into a movie, you can't help but get excited when you hear it's happening, but it's very easy to be disappointed when it's not everything you expected it to be.

strong_latte

Juniors
GRK_MAFIA said:
strong_latte said:
And as I said your chances of getting EA to make a decent game.

ur kiddin ur self mate arl 96 was the bomb. not to mention fifa 2005 f***in awsome tiger woods 05 mate open ur eyes

You seriously haven't read a WORD written here have you???

In regard to ARL96:
Yeah, and just how many sequels did that title spurn? EXACTLY! After that effort EA thought our market was too insignificant to continue making RL titles...

We know that EA can make good sports games, but they rarely do it on their first attempt:
After Rugby 2004 I almost felt they were trying to insult rugby fans the world over because it didn't even look like a finished game! Players WARPED in and out of rucks and the commentary was so disjointed it was scary, the animations were always latent and made things impossible to execute and none of the stadiums were even close to accurate!
Sure RL1 had it's problems, but it was still a much better stepping stone than anything EA had produced with their first 2 rugby games!

And again:
for Rugby 2004, their second title, they produced a game that was so error ridden and so pathetic that some gaming magazines in the US rated it "worst sports game of the year" at the end of 2003!

So yeah, Tiger Woods 2005, FIFA 05, MADDEN 05 etc etc are all fantastic games that lead their genre, but they are the 10 or 11th title in long franchises! FIFA games did not start out as good as 05, in fact soccer fans loathed them and some still do!

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
yes i get ur point but they didnt start out as good cause ten years ago wen the first fifa and that came out there wasnt the technology there is now, so wat im sayin is there shouldnt be much difficulty for ea to make an outstanding version or nrl now

strong_latte

Juniors
GRK_MAFIA said:
yes i get ur point but they didnt start out as good cause ten years ago wen the first fifa and that came out there wasnt the technology there is now, so wat im sayin is there shouldnt be much difficulty for ea to make an outstanding version or nrl now

Yes, but if that was the case, then why were both EA Rugby 2001 and 2004 considered 2 of the worst sports games ever made! It wouldn't have been hard for EA to make them better games, but they saw an market that had no evidence of being successful enough to warrent sufficent funds or resources to make them in the same vein as say their Madden franchise...
Rugby 2005 was a huge leap, but it was still a massive let down to alot of rugby fans.

GRK_MAFIA

Juniors
look like i said this arguement has no end lets jus hope sidhe really do improve this game and i really do mean improve it

strong_latte

Juniors
Agreed, but seriously, go out and hire Rugby 2004 if you really want to know why I show so much disdain for EA...