What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

www.rugbyleague3.com

Home Entertainment Suppliers today announced the development of Rugby League 3 for Nintendo Wii by New Zealand games developer Sidhe. The game continues the highly successful “Rugby League” franchise, which is amongst the highest selling franchises of all time in Australasia.

“We are extremely pleased to be publishing a new Rugby League title with such fresh features, content, and innovations across the board,” said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “Rugby League 3 is a significant and worthy addition to the franchise”.

The features and content of “Rugby League 3” include:

Visceral Wii Remote motion controls bring the physicality of Rugby League into your living room

80+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, Toyota Cup, UK Championship, UK Championship 1, State of Origin, City v Country and internationals

38 stadia from Australia, New Zealand, UK and France

Team level gameplay features including defensive line controls, attacking strategy selection, team confidence, and AI support play

Build a champion team in the Multi-year Franchise Mode including advanced player management, Dally M Player of the Year and Man of Steel, club records and optional manual rep selection

Create and customise players, teams, and competitions

Broadcast style presentation with enhanced replay angles, match highlights, and in-game commentary from Channel Nine’s Andrew Voss
“The production team has been able to leverage significant past experience and extensive feedback from consumers in the development of this title” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “As a result, Rugby League 3 takes the series to new heights, delivering a richer, deeper and more immersive experience than ever before.”

Rugby League 3 is expected to be released for Nintendo Wii in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France in Q4 2009. More information about the game can be found at the official site.

adamkungl

Immortal
sad face. i imagine all the broken buggyness of the first 2 plus intolerably bad wii controls.

bulldog

Bench
Well it can't be any worse then the first two can it?

I'll buy it and if it is as bad I'll return it as suggested to me by Mario himself with the 2nd game, no great loss if I can get store credit or exchange it for something else.

Jono078

Referee
Screens look very nice for a Wii title! Credit to Sidhe for that.

The rest is wait and see.

But i'm waiting for RL on PS3.

Paullyboy

Coach
Obviously they have done the research on it and would know more about the market than I, but I would have thought it would sell more during the season.

Alex Krycek

Juniors
My biggest problem with RL2 was that it was so easy. If they can make it sufficiently difficult I would be happy.

MC DUI

Juniors
available in Q4???? thats not that long away......

are they just adding wii controls to rugby league 2?

This is exactly what this game will be...

Which is exactly why it's only on the Wii, as you can port PS2 games to that system and tack Wii controls on and claim it as a new title.

It doesn't take too much to update it a little, that looks like what it is. Thank God for returns...it makes this one worth a shot but it's way back in the list for good Wii games coming out soon.

Dragon

Coach
Wow this is going to be terribad. They're basically taking the pile of sh*t known as 'Rugby League 2', putting it on the wii and labeling it 'Rugby League 3'.... an insult to gamers and League fans. But then i guess their target market is idiot mums

Timbo

Staff member
Uprgrading the rosters and adding a sh*thouse Wii interface seems to be the go here.

Thanks but no thanks.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I dont think RL games can be played on the Wii personally. Bit like the fifa games.

I might just buy that classic nintendo controller and play it as a normal game.

depends how the controls work, would you need the knun chuck as well? what about the wii balance board?
if you used the knun chuck to control running direction and and the wii remote to step and pass would be ok, press z to kick and use directional stick on knun chuck to aim.
would be pretty good i think.
I'll pre order it for sure.

azzah72

Bench
depends how the controls work, would you need the knun chuck as well? what about the wii balance board?
if you used the knun chuck to control running direction and and the wii remote to step and pass would be ok, press z to kick and use directional stick on knun chuck to aim.
would be pretty good i think.
I'll pre order it for sure.

Looking at the bottom right hand screen shot on the website, it looks like the controls "might" be side on ala 4way directional in left thumb and 1.2 button in right

might be wrong though

Looking at the bottom right hand screen shot on the website, it looks like the controls "might" be side on ala 4way directional in left thumb and 1.2 button in right

might be wrong though

That's what I thought.
Only two buttons realistically to be used in that method, or the controlling could get ugly.

Latest posts