What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Once Dead

Bench
No, well not as yet at least. They have always said that they wouldn't tackle XBOX 360 / PS3 versions unless the market was not so 'fragmented' (whatever that meanss).

Still, I'm looking forward to it...it's a rugby league game....I'm playing ARL on a Sega emulator at the moment and it is keeping me happy until the Rugby League Challenge PSP game comes out (hopefully in September). Not being a hardcore gamer, I'm glad that I won't have to see the XBOX and PS3 versions come out waaaaaay before the Wii version as is with many games.

Frederick

Staff member
No, well not as yet at least. They have always said that they wouldn't tackle XBOX 360 / PS3 versions unless the market was not so 'fragmented' (whatever that meanss).
In other words "we're nowhere near talented enough to create a quality game for such highly specced machines, and as such will be sticking with the least powerful one with the worst graphics and lowest resolution so that the magnitude of the sh*tness of our product isn't truly shown"

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
In other words "we're nowhere near talented enough to create a quality game for such highly specced machines, and as such will be sticking with the least powerful one with the worst graphics and lowest resolution so that the magnitude of the sh*tness of our product isn't truly shown"

I feel dirty for defending them, I hate this studio so much, but it has nothing to do with what you said, it has to do with budget, small studios with a limited market for their games can't afford to tackle PS360 games yet.

If they could afford to I'm sure they'd be happy to f**k up a RL game for PS3/360. Absolute abortion of a company, I played the demo for their GripShift game and it was just as awful.

perverse

Referee
at least it looks to be a new game engine... so we can see how they f**k it up differently this time.

Monk

Referee
f**k... i want to play it, i dont care how sh*t it is (wish EA could give it a go though), its a RL game, so of course ill give it a go.

Western_Eel

Juniors
f**k... i want to play it, i dont care how sh*t it is (wish EA could give it a go though), its a RL game, so of course ill give it a go.
Agree, I love and still play the old one, so obviously i will play the new one it has all the new players in it thats all i care about

sando88

Not a Moderator
will probably buy it despite its sh*tness.. will keep me and mates occupied in the off season

does the game have online mode?

it better otherwise it will be a complete fail

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
It all looks very 'new' with some nice graphics.

But jeez, I hope they have improved the gameplay for number 3. The gameplay in the first 2 was woeful.

It has been said alot before, but I think if EA gave it a shot with the same engine they use for Rugby Union, it would have the potential to be a solid game.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
It all looks very 'new' with some nice graphics.

But jeez, I hope they have improved the gameplay for number 3. The gameplay in the first 2 was woeful.

It has been said alot before, but I think if EA gave it a shot with the same engine they use for Rugby Union, it would have the potential to be a solid game.

Back that.... I player the union game many years ago and it was good then. It wouldnt have taken much to port the game to league.

Btw I love the hate for this crap company. They deserve it...especially Mario and his favourite motto..."If you dont like it, take it back" Wrong attitude when you want to sell units. They did an ok job on RL1...still didnt fix the PC bugs. They just re-hashed RL2, including the old bugs and added new ones.
No more money from me, fooled me twice....

maccattack

Juniors
I'll buy it. Even if its sh*t. Im playing 2 on the 360 at the moment and even though its crap i still enjoy it.

i hope it has online play so i can play my mate overseas.

we used to spend hours on the first one. had our own comp. even had a trophy made for the 'Butt Whup Cup' :lol:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I'll actually defend them here.

sure the first 2 games werent brilliant but take into consideration their budget and contraints versus that of EA.

i've stated before that it took EA a LONG time to get their franchises to the levels they are today. Madden's been going for since the early 90's and i think their other series liek NHL and NBA have been running for simialr amounts of time.

SIDHE have actually taken on a sport others dont want to touch, and i'm hoping that if they can come up with a half decent game which sells well, then other developers will see it as a market that can be tapped into and we end up with a bigger studio taking on the sport

right now we dont have any options and if sidhe were to just f**k off and leave rugby elague it could be hell of a long time till soemone takes it up again.

put into perspective how many rugby league games we've had previously : ET's rugby and ARL 96 - it isnt like the market ahs been there to entice the big studios to spend a lot of time developing the games

maccattack

Juniors
I'll actually defend them here.

sure the first 2 games werent brilliant but take into consideration their budget and contraints versus that of EA.

i've stated before that it took EA a LONG time to get their franchises to the levels they are today. Madden's been going for since the early 90's and i think their other series liek NHL and NBA have been running for simialr amounts of time.

SIDHE have actually taken on a sport others dont want to touch, and i'm hoping that if they can come up with a half decent game which sells well, then other developers will see it as a market that can be tapped into and we end up with a bigger studio taking on the sport

right now we dont have any options and if sidhe were to just f**k off and leave rugby elague it could be hell of a long time till soemone takes it up again.

put into perspective how many rugby league games we've had previously : ET's rugby and ARL 96 - it isnt like the market ahs been there to entice the big studios to spend a lot of time developing the games

Absolutely right.

People have been dissapointed by the last 2 efforts but that just goes to show the level of interest they have. We all want a top notch game and if we support this franchise we might just get it one day.

They werent terrible anyway. I played the hell out of them because they were still fun to play, despite the flaws.

[furrycat]

Coach

Sorry - but the fact it costs 3-5 times as much to make a game suitable for a next gen console than it does on a Wii, normal xbox or PS2.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
I'll actually defend them here. sure the first 2 games werent brilliant but take into consideration their budget and contraints versus that of EA.

Granted their budget was alot smaller & they started from the ground up. The first game was a great first up effort. If it had recieved a few patches (PC) then it could have been the perfect RL game.

SIDHE have actually taken on a sport others dont want to touch, and i'm hoping that if they can come up with a half decent game which sells well, then other developers will see it as a market that can be tapped into and we end up with a bigger studio taking on the sport.

The problem was with RL 2, in my opinion it wasnt even a half decent game. I have only finished one full year. Why?? Because after 6-8 games it becomes so mundane & boring. The amount of bugs is laughable, offloads, missed tackles, try and tweak the abilities and that can take hours to get marginally right. Until they make a top class game, thats when it will sell. Too many people were put off by their last effort to fork out another $80-$100.

Your right we dont have any other options. But the other side of your statement could be that if Sidhe continue to pump out rubbish it will ruin the chances of another company stepping in to have a go due to poor sales.

ARL96 was a re-hash of EA's Rugby Union & the only thing wrong with it was it arrived during the super league war. Other than that I played it for years....and still have it. Sidhe should give up the rights to EA, and let them re-hash their latest RU game.

Pistol

Coach
at the end of the day, regardless about sidhe's budget and whatever, the product they delivered was absolute garbage.

i went to a mate's house yesterday and we had a few games of RL World Cup edition, and straight away I could tell him what the bugs were and remembered a few old ones.

needs a different engine, different gameplay and an overhaul. i have played the latest RU game from EA sports and the fluency of the play in it is just astounding compared to RL. (Yes I know EA has a higher budget, but why cant Sidhe or any other studio ring up and pick the brains of these programmers?)