What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

franklin2323

Immortal
I played a demo of the game. Does anyone know if Xbox or PS3 will have the game?? looks better then the other 2 versions

Sleep

Juniors
It's only on the Wii. Whoever owns the rights to that game needs to sell it to someone who knows what the f**k they're doing.

Can you imagine Rugby League done by EA Sports? Using the Madden engine or something? Oh lawdy.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'd say it has something to do with the costs in coding and programming a game on the 360 and ps3 which are much more complex systems.

comes out 18th for wii owners :)

and I dont think EA would be interested in it (unfortunately) as it's not going sell enough units and is pratty much only aimed at 3 markets - Aus, NZ and the UK

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Dont have a console in my room so might have to invest ina Wii. Don't think ive ever actually played on whiel sober lol

franklin2323

Immortal
EA did AFL only based at 1 market so they could do it. It's rubbish I could understand if it was coming in like 6 months or something HD games take longer but I have heard nothing.

Doesn't XBOX sponsor the NRL??? Madness. It is very much like Madden model. eg. Moi Moi has the big hitter shield like in Madden.

Also like Madden you can change your defensive line for wingers to push in or stay back, Sliding defence line etc.

It has promise just on a s**t console

Gengis Khan

Juniors
EA have done an NRL game before on the mega drive lol

They need to make an Xbox/PS3 one so we can play it online

eels_fan

First Grade
It has promise just on a s**t console

Its hard to argue that it wasn't a good idea putting it out on the Wii.

The Wii has outsold the PS3 2:1 and the 360 4:1 since it came out (and Xbox was out before them all!)

The Wii is more family friendly - which is what the NRL is looking at targetting. I agree, it should be on the other consoles, but i see their idea. If it was only going to be released on one console, Wii was the correct choice for the target market

franklin2323

Immortal
Its hard to argue that it wasn't a good idea putting it out on the Wii.

The Wii has outsold the PS3 2:1 and the 360 4:1 since it came out (and Xbox was out before them all!)

The Wii is more family friendly - which is what the NRL is looking at targetting. I agree, it should be on the other consoles, but i see their idea. If it was only going to be released on one console, Wii was the correct choice for the target market

I am trying to find actual figures but my mate is a manager at Game an sells about 1 copy a week of Fifa 10, madden etc. They are popular for Wii fit and bowling etc.

I just think it's a waste for just 1 console especially when it's not on a console renowned for having great sports games

eels_fan

First Grade
I am trying to find actual figures but my mate is a manager at Game an sells about 1 copy a week of Fifa 10, madden etc. They are popular for Wii fit and bowling etc.

I just think it's a waste for just 1 console especially when it's not on a console renowned for having great sports games

not disagreeing with you Franklin. I havent played the game so dont know how the motion sensor controllers will be used (if they even are). If there is no motion sensor functionality - then i see no reason (other than hoping it will get picked up by more families who own wiis) for it to be on only 1 console

Simo

First Grade
Hey Mario, how come its always Sidhe (you) doing all the promo and fan interaction, wouldnt that be the job of HES since they are the publisher?

I have no idea about how all this works so I could be completely misinformed here, but exactly what role do HES play, you guys create the game, promote the game and pass on the info via forums and the like.....what are HES doing and getting paid for?

Has Sidhe ever thought of doing the publishing side, whatever that actually entails?

Latest posts