What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby league certainties

dodge said:
10th... should I say it? Cronulla will go yet another season with f**k all.

11th... Bulldogs won in 2004 - therefore have some sort of bragging rights. Cronulla won Amco '74.. wow, so much there to brag about.

Piss off merkin.

Artful Dodger-

Western Division won the Amco cup in 1974- we beat the chocolate soldiers. I went along with the team as a younger bloke. I didn't play with the team that year but I trained with them.

1979 was Cronulla's year to shine.

simon says

First Grade
I dont think that Saints choked....they tried their guts out in a very hard game.Barrett did everything he could to get them over the line...

Parra....well yuou could say they choked....or chocked as some like to say.

Saint 60 said:
KB cup then wernt it?

lol

It started out as Amco Cup and went through a thousand names following that.

It became the Tooth Cup, KB cup, Panasonic National, Panasonic

Amco lasted until about 79'.

Surely

Post Whore
croydon Dog food said:
Artful Dodger-

Western Division won the Amco cup in 1974- we beat the chocolate soldiers. I went along with the team as a younger bloke. I didn't play with the team that year but I trained with them.

1979 was Cronulla's year to shine.

Thanks for clearing that up croydon, I hate it when people can't remember our finest hour.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Certainty is that the Bulldogs fans and players will deliver at least three bad news front page headlines during the year.

Surely said:
Thanks for clearing that up croydon, I hate it when people can't remember our finest hour.

I was there for your darkest hour when you lost to Souths at Leichhardt in 1981. That was an amazing game.

lazza

Juniors
I also think tim sheens out coached nathan brown tactically.

played tigers to their strengths, dragons didnt look like they had a game plan besides out muscling the tigers.

gould highlighted many defensive problems in the saints... prob due to inadequate training in that area.

so with the dragons, i wouldnt really say choke, i'd say a combination of rust and wrong training.

with the eels, i'd say choke cos they rushed thier plays.
with an all-star team, i think dragons need a new coach.

Mr Saab

Referee
lazza said:
I also think tim sheens out coached nathan brown tactically.

i dont buy that.
Dragons just made too many errors, too many dropped balls.
If those balls stick then the dragons possibly win.
It is not Browns fault that Shaun Timmins passed the ball left to right at the 42nd min (forward and to no one).

Dragons just didnt play well and the Tigers did

da_sharks

Juniors
dodge said:
10th... should I say it? Cronulla will go yet another season with f**k all.

11th... Bulldogs won in 2004 - therefore have some sort of bragging rights. Cronulla won Amco '74.. wow, so much there to brag about.

Piss off merkin.

puck off and throw stun grenades somehwere else...

da_sharks

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
i dont buy that.
Dragons just made too many errors, too many dropped balls.
If those balls stick then the dragons possibly win.
It is not Browns fault that Shaun Timmins passed the ball left to right at the 42nd min (forward and to no one).

Dragons just didnt play well and the Tigers did

i dont buy that either.

barret choked. plain and simple...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah I don't think you can really blame Brown, the Dragons had plenty of opportunities, how many times did they drop the ball or knock on inside the Tigers red zone? The gameplan was ok, but their execution let them down.

Sheens completely ripped apart Brown in the coaching department.

The only Dragons player with a shred of credibility left is Luke Bailey.

Also....is there a softer prop in the game then Ryles? Is he the new Dane Carlaw?

Why is it B.S.?

The Tigers targeted a weak area of the Dragons defence that has not been corrected all season.

They out smarted the Dragons in every department.

Brown was completely out coached.

da_sharks

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Why is it B.S.?

The Tigers targeted a weak area of the Dragons defence that has not been corrected all season.

They out smarted the Dragons in every department.

Brown was completely out coached.

they also stopped gasnier who has been their main man since day one...

lazza

Juniors
Put it this way,

i rekon if you swapped the coaches for the season, the tigers would lose more than they did.

swap them again for last sat game, i rekon dragons prob woulda won.

but in terms of execution your right CS. prince and farrah played fantastic.... tigers just looked more organised.. just the feeling i got.

a lot of the knock ons werent as much as through forcing passes like the eels game, which is why i would say they didnt really just simply choke.

that penalty on barret was huge, but the tigers still managed to get around the saints.. defensively they had problems out wide.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope, but I bet it hurt last night when the Cowboys gave you a right royal reaming...

0 in a finals game?

Latest posts