What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby league in dire straits in NSW as Queensland leads the way

Sam I Am

Juniors
Ok, tell us what model you think would work, how many clubs in Sydney, and which ones should go?

It's not for me to decide which clubs should stay or go. Ideally we wouldn't have malingerers in the NRL playing before crowds of 5000 (that suddenly get reported as 12000).

As an aside, how many are you expecting to the game tonight?;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
State a case for Souths relocating.

No really, please, do.

What basis? Deadset, you have NFI about Sydney apart from what you might read on a business website.

Timmah

Staff member
I love it, these QLD geese spout all of these "clubs have to go" lines and then when the question of whom should go is actually put to them they gingerly retreat stating it's "not their place".

Why then is it your place to judge, if you're not prepared to make such a statement?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
An inappropriate comparison. It is more relevant to look at where the merged clubs are now compared to where the standalone clubs are/were. The fact that the two merged clubs have survived, whereas the four standalones would not have, speaks volumes.

No it is a correct comparison because you will find that they are virtually in the same position as most of the other clubs. Nothing has changed.

I don't think that anybody denies that memberships are a great idea. I think they are great, and hope that some of the teams can make into five figures like the Broncos. Likewise, it is good to see that some clubs are working on modern training facilities. I look forward to the day when all clubs have facilities equal to those of the Broncos and Titans. :D

I saw the Titans training ground. There is nothing there.
I will wait to see what is built before I comment (including those nice pics of preston on the side).

You can hold your breathe (or not) to your heart's content. Nine ultimately has first say over which teams are playing on what days. Nine clearly sees the Broncos as a very high rating proposition, hence the fact that Broncos games do not usually make it past Nine's top three pick, let alone to be shunted through to the keeper on a Monday evening. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be holding my breath until the Broncos' popularity has sunk low enough for them to get a high number of Monday night games. either. :lol:

Nice way to miss the point.

Sam I Am

Juniors
I love it, these QLD geese spout all of these "clubs have to go" lines and then when the question of whom should go is actually put to them they gingerly retreat stating it's "not their place".

Why then is it your place to judge, if you're not prepared to make such a statement?

For those who cannot keep up, for the slow readers and slow thinkers.

"Sydney clubs need to go. It is for the NRL to instigate a process to allow this to happen, and to select the appropriate clubs."

You can quote me on that.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
It's not for me to decide which clubs should stay or go. Ideally we wouldn't have malingerers in the NRL playing before crowds of 5000 (that suddenly get reported as 12000).

As an aside, how many are you expecting to the game tonight?;-)

The crowd won't be high, it is a Monday night. Do you get it yet?

Why don't you tell us which teams should be culled. You seem to think it is an easy thing to do. Tell us or butt out of the thread.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Wrong. Not all four of those clubs would be here today. A non-existent club is clearly in a worse position than one that is trading.

Says who, you? Got some proof, or have you ripped that out of your arse?

So you reckon that if they didn't merge, StGeorge, Tigers, Magpies and Illawarra would all be dead?

So which clubs have to go now?

Sam I Am

Juniors
The crowd won't be high, it is a Monday night. Do you get it yet?

Yes, I get it. There will be a very low crowd at Souths tonight that will miraculously be reported as a five-figure crowd. I get it loud and clear.

Why don't you tell us which teams should be culled. You seem to think it is an easy thing to do. Tell us or butt out of the thread.

I responded a couple of posts ago. I even put it in inverted commas for the slower readers (and I am not suggesting that you are one of them).

Does your computer have text-to-speech conversion? Maybe that will help.

Timmah

Staff member
For those who cannot keep up, for the slow readers and slow thinkers.

"Sydney clubs need to go. It is for the NRL to instigate a process to allow this to happen, and to select the appropriate clubs."

You can quote me on that.
So you have a strong opinion that Sydney clubs need to go, but can't show the balls to actually call out the ones who should be turfed or merged? Surely you have some idea, oh wise one?

Timmah

Staff member
Ugh, you'll get so much further if you stop the trolling and insulting people's intelligence. Grow up.

Sam I Am

Juniors
So you have a strong opinion that Sydney clubs need to go, but can't show the balls to actually call out the ones who should be turfed or merged? Surely you have some idea, oh wise one?

See above. All of this bravado about balls etc is misplaced. It doesn't take much bravery to make a call on an internet forum. However, to make business decisions involving football clubs undoubtedly requires a great deal of care and attention. The organising body has a responsibility to make that decision, and my argument is that they should do so. My argument is not that Club X or Y should be excluded.

You mightn't like what I am saying but you are showing mental timidity by not actually responding to it and trying to shift the ground to "name a club or shut up".

Sam I Am

Juniors
Ugh, you'll get so much further if you stop the trolling and insulting people's intelligence. Grow up.

Given that you have frequently responded to my posts (which do not swear at you) with simplistic responses such as "seriously f**k off dude!!!!" I hardly think that you occupy the moral high ground to make this comment. :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
So rather than arguing the point, you'll dig up childish arguments from how many posts ago?

Please, keep going.

Sam I Am

Juniors
So rather than arguing the point, you'll dig up childish arguments from how many posts ago?

Well, at least you are admitting you were childish. Good start.

Meantime, I addressed your question before. I even put it in quotation marks for you. This isn't the first time that you have ignored a debate when it gets to the point that a reasoned response trumps your offensive abuse.

Swear like a Cronulla Shark, by all means, but at least try and continue to contribute to the discussion.

lockyrulz

Juniors
That is not enough to get to your figure.
Maths isn't your strong point is it mate?

Well there are 9 clubs, so to get to 6 cull 3, to get to 5 cull 4:

Bulldogs
Dragons
Eels
Panthers
Rabbitohs (CC)
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Sharks (Adelaide)
Tigers

So the Sharks are moving to Adelaide, and we are moving to the CC.
You meed to give us at least one more, preferably two.

My maths is fine, it is your english that needs assistance

I said FIRSTLY. Look the word up if you need to.

Secondly as I said, why should I? All I am doing is stating a problem that has been obvious for years. There are too mnay Sydney clubs in the NRL.

There are people in far better postions than I to decide who goes where. Frankly I don't really give a sh*t. Your counter solution of doing nothing doesn't really get us very far does it?

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

Your underhanded insults never cease to amaze. The reason NSW people are getting defensive is because while you have some valid arguments, you continue to present them in an insulting and condescending manner, as if you either have some sort of vendetta against NSW, or simply because you want to troll.

lockyrulz

Juniors

This is about as stupid as it gets, even for you.

So if your car f**ks up, you can't state the obvious which is 'gee my car is f**ked up' unless you know how to fix it?. Now you and ziggy might sit around and pretend it isn't, make a series of vroom vroom noises, maybe even cut the bottom out and try and move it flinstone style. Me, I take it to the mechanic and say 'clearly something is wrong, it isn't working please fix it'.

Latest posts