What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby league in dire straits in NSW as Queensland leads the way

Sam I Am

Juniors
Brisbane actually starves the ,market. Didn't your once have 2 teams before the Broncos threw a tanty?

In English?

Tell me, if Brisbane is the massive all conquering heartland of RL, how come you only get about 2 games per year more than Melbourne?

Riiiiiigggghhhht. We are wrong about the Broncos massacring other teams in attendances because they get the same number of home games as every other team.

Nice logic. :lol:

Sam I Am

Juniors
But if it was up to some maroon flavoured wankers, most of whom who have had the luxury of one team to 4 million people, there would be 4 teams in Sydney and we'd have to sit here and watch that abortion of a sport take over.

One team per 4,000,000? Never heard of the Titans or Cowboys then? Idiot.

otori

Juniors
Sydney fans offer no explanations to how to fix the league. The StGI fans want to kick out Cronulla, a few jump on that bandwagon but mostly people just use this issue to try and rubbish the Storm for getting too many handouts or the Broncos for having too big a catchment. Any journalist that dares discuss it is instantly a hack. Yeah morons like Gillmeister write drivel in the CM but this article isn't that bad as an opinion piece. No-one wants what we're currently experiencing but no-one wants to deal with the problem. Just point the finger at Victoria and Queensland and cry murder seems to be the solution.

Knightmare

Coach
:lol: Mike Coleman. He is deadset PoorBoyBlues in disguise!

I wonder what excuses will be trotted out north of the border for the TEST match only getting 37k tonight? We know full well how much Sydney bashing would be going on right now if ANZ had got 20k more than that crowd!

One team per 4,000,000? Never heard of the Titans or Cowboys then? Idiot.

I meant Brisbane and yeah, I overdid the population. You f**king banana monkeys make my eyes roll back in my head sometimes.

Still, 9 teams / 4 million v 1 team / 2 million. Do the math cocksnot.

And by the way, why wasn't the test in "Rugby League's heartland" sold out?

Any answer to that one?

:lol: Mike Coleman. He is deadset PoorBoyBlues in disguise!

I wonder what excuses will be trotted out north of the border for the TEST match only getting 37k tonight? We know full well how much Sydney bashing would be going on right now if ANZ had got 20k more than that crowd!

I was at the ANZAC test at the SCG last year and there was 35k there in a much smaller stadium...

No excuses.

OVP

Coach
I meant Brisbane and yeah, I overdid the population. You f**king banana monkeys make my eyes roll back in my head sometimes.

Any answer to that one?

They cant answer anything EA, they are all educated by the Courier Mail. They have no idea about tribalism, they have have no idea about tradition. Why the hell do they bother playing this game then ? I wish they'd f**k off and go annoy the AFLers. Rugby League was 10,000 times better without them.

They cant answer anything EA, they are all educated by the Courier Mail. They have no idea about tribalism, they have have no idea about tradition. Why the hell do they bother playing this game then ? I wish they'd f**k off and go annoy the AFLers. Rugby League was 10,000 times better without them.

I must admit I'm starting to agree.

They seriously just simply don't understand Sydney. Culling teams now will kill the game here. It went awful f**king close in the mid 1990's, if it happens again, the game here will be f**ked.

Loudstrat

Coach
In English?

Well it's not in f*cking swahili!!!!!

Riiiiiigggghhhht. We are wrong about the Broncos massacring other teams in attendances because they get the same number of home games as every other team.

Nice logic. :lol:

Oh God.

How does it manage to breathe?

Tell me, oh wise one, why Brisbane do not have MORE teams? Does not the Broncobane public have the ability to cope with TWO teams?

Brisbane. Same amount of games as Melbourne. Some market forces at work up there. :roll:

Canard

Immortal

You talk like Rugby League had no history in Queensland before the NRL.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I must admit I'm starting to agree.

They seriously just simply don't understand Sydney. Culling teams now will kill the game here. It went awful f**king close in the mid 1990's, if it happens again, the game here will be f**ked.

Sorry OVP nad EA but we do know something about tribalsim....it was called the BRL and had attendances to match the NSWRL. But we gave that up for the sake of expanding Rugby League nationally!

Fine go back to bein g a Sydney only comp and watch the sponsorship dollars start walking out the door. The watch AFL and Football take over. Seriously I expected at least an intelligent response from you two. If the three Qld teams walked out tomorrow Rugby League is dead.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Well it's not in f*cking swahili!!!!!

That would be with a capital "S", wouldn't it?

Tell me, oh wise one, why Brisbane do not have MORE teams? Does not the Broncobane public have the ability to cope with TWO teams?

Last time I checked it was the NRL who allocated the licences, not the public of Brisbane with its fantastic support.

Brisbane. Same amount of games as Melbourne. Some market forces at work up there. :roll:

Yes, Brisbane and Melbourne are analogous. :roll:

Idiot.

Sam I Am

Juniors
You talk like Rugby League had no history in Queensland before the NRL.

That's the arrogance of these cockroaches. When the Cowboys turned out in the North Queensland heritage strip all of these Mexicans were running around screaming "Why are they wearing a Newtown jersey?".

If it didn't happen in NSW it didn't happen. Apparently.

kickback

Juniors

Any answer to that one?

grow ya self some balls mate bet you have not had a root in years ya poor prick!!

bobmar28

Bench
Queenslanders with chips on their shoulders trying to take the high ground in this type of debate helps no one. Getting rid of Sydney teams will do nothing more than give AFL the leg-up they so desperately need.

But if it was up to some maroon flavoured wankers, most of whom who have had the luxury of one team to 4 million people, there would be 4 teams in Sydney and we'd have to sit here and watch that abortion of a sport take over.

Sydney is the home of Rugby League in Australia and will be whilst ever your arsehole points to the ground. Either that or if Queensland really does become the home, the sport will be dead in Australia.

f**king Queenslanders...

So the answer to the AFL invasion of western Sydney is 9 Sydney teams playing in near empty stadiums? I don't think so.

Sorry OVP nad EA but we do know something about tribalsim....it was called the BRL and had attendances to match the NSWRL. But we gave that up for the sake of expanding Rugby League nationally!

Fine go back to bein g a Sydney only comp and watch the sponsorship dollars start walking out the door. The watch AFL and Football take over. Seriously I expected at least an intelligent response from you two. If the three Qld teams walked out tomorrow Rugby League is dead.

No, you gave up on that because you put a team in the stronger competition. No one had to stop following the local comp in Brisbane just because the Broncos came into being, but they did.

It was also a situation where people in Brisbane followed a team in the NSWRL comp as well as their local team, they already had a big interest in the NSWRL comp, they already knew the players and all the teams.

No such thing happened in Sydney. The BRL comp was not followed by people from Sydney, at all. The amount of people in Sydney who could have rattled off all the teams in the Brisbane comp could be counted on one hand.

And why would the 3 Qld teams walk out tomorrow, what would they play, Super 14?

Take 3 Sydney teams out and Rugby League will be swamped by the other codes in Sydney, so your three teams would come to Sydney to play in front of crowds that would embarrass club Rugby Union. Getting rid of two or three teams wouldn't just dump the supporters of those clubs..

Imagine for a moment that the NRL comp was based around the Brisbane comp and there were 6 Brisbane teams, now imagine everyone in Sydney, who only have one team averaging 40,000 crowds telling you that you had to cull 2 or 3 of those teams, because they're struggling, for the good of the game....

You'd be telling us to get f**ked too and not just because it won't help the game at all..

Did you go to Australia v Fiji with the other eight people at the SFS?

No excuses.

err, no.

Every time there's a spare seat at an Origin or Test in Sydney we have you f**king banana monkeys barking about how well Rugby League is supported in Queensland and how that doesn't happen in Brisbane.

But f**k me if I didn't see nearly 20,000 spare seats at Suncorp last night. Or has the invisible man been on a proctreation spree in Queensland over the past 20 years and those seats were filled by his progeny?