What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby league in dire straits in NSW as Queensland leads the way

t-ba

Post Whore
Sorry OVP nad EA but we do know something about tribalsim....it was called the BRL and had attendances to match the NSWRL. But we gave that up for the sake of expanding Rugby League nationally!

Fine go back to bein g a Sydney only comp and watch the sponsorship dollars start walking out the door. The watch AFL and Football take over. Seriously I expected at least an intelligent response from you two. If the three Qld teams walked out tomorrow Rugby League is dead.

LoL @ the historical revisionism...BRL was farked by the mid 1980's..on an inevitable decline because all the money was in the Sydney comp.

So the answer to the AFL invasion of western Sydney is 9 Sydney teams playing in near empty stadiums? I don't think so.

[sarcasm]

No, of course it isn't.

We should immediately get rid of Cronulla permanently, start Norths up on the Central Coast, move Souths to Adelaide, bung Manly in Western Brisbane (f**k you, you deserve it), merge Canterbury with, I dunno, the Wests Tigers and flog Parramatta off to Super 14.

That'd really stop the AFL team taking off.....

[/sarcasm]

Just worth reminding you that you are the one who made the mistake and you are the one who is unloading a torrent of abuse. Again, a typical southerner, and it will be great watching you guys in the Origin.

:)

Sure, I made a blue, I'm over it, you're the one who isn't. But the math is still god awful for a Queenslander. 2 million / 1 team v 4 million / 9 teams and 20,000 spare seats last night.

And trust me, Origin is waaaaaaay more important to you than it is to me. I reckon that's got something to do with that chip on your shoulder.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Sure, I made a blue, I'm over it, you're the one who isn't. But the math is still god awful for a Queenslander. 2 million / 1 team v 4 million / 9 teams and 20,000 spare seats last night.

And trust me, Origin is waaaaaaay more important to you than it is to me. I reckon that's got something to do with that chip on your shoulder.

Your comments can be discredited because as a typical southerner, you just admitted that you wouldn't even get off your arse to see Australia in a World Cup semi-final.

Must really irk you to be (a) annoyed at a good crowd in Brisbane, and (b) aware that you couldn't muster anything like that in Sydney. :lol:

As for Origin, I am sure it is more important to me. as a typical Sydney-sider, there is nothing more important to you than sitting on a damp patch of grass with 5,000 other people watching one of your bankrupt little clubs run around a decrepit "stadium". Horses for course, I suppose.

_Johnsy

Referee
Your comments can be discredited because as a typical southerner, you just admitted that you wouldn't even get off your arse to see Australia in a World Cup semi-final.

Must really irk you to be (a) annoyed at a good crowd in Brisbane, and (b) aware that you couldn't muster anything like that in Sydney. :lol:

As for Origin, I am sure it is more important to me. as a typical Sydney-sider, there is nothing more important to you than sitting on a damp patch of grass with 5,000 other people watching one of your bankrupt little clubs run around a decrepit "stadium". Horses for course, I suppose.

Anymore stereotypes you can use ?

did you go to the game last night ?

Did you get off your arse too see the Test last night?

I was at the ANZAC test last year, 33k at the SCG. That is a lot closer to full than Suncorp was last night....

Try again.

It's more important to you because you're used to coming second, or third.

The BRL died in the arse because you let it, not because we in Sydney killed it. Don't be pissed off that we still have our comp with with most of our teams plus a couple extra teams and you have one team.... :lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
I suppose using stereotypes makes you feel a bit better about yourself. I was at the game last night and the crowd would have been approx 40% kiwis, that leaves about 22,200 Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast RL fans, from a total population of approx 3.5 million. Quite pathetic really.

Why wasn't the game a sellout ?

There was nothing else on in Brissy last night. The majority of the side was made up of QLD'ers. I cannot think of a simple reason why there was not a decent crowd last night, apart from apathy that is.

Sam I Am

Juniors
I suppose using stereotypes makes you feel a bit better about yourself. I was at the game last night and the crowd would have been approx 40% kiwis, that leaves about 22,200 Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast RL fans, from a total population of approx 3.5 million. Quite pathetic really.

Nice one. You reckon that over 10,000 people flew over from New Zealand? I'll give you a tip, mate. People, originally from other countries, now live in Brisbane. They are now locals.

Or do you only count White Australians, Pauline?

_Johnsy

Referee
That would be "not full". How about the last time that Australia played in Sydney? 15,000. How's that for close to full?

Try again.

Lets compare apples with apples, last time Aus played NZ in sydney, the crowd was 34,571, not a good enough crowd, just like last night. You cannot pick and choose which crowd you'd like to use in an attempt to lay the boot into Sydney (like a typical QLD'er).

If you want it that way, when your city can hold a world record RL crowd, for a GF which had one team playing from the home state against an interstate team, then get back to me.

A world record for a RL crowd, 1999 StGeorge-Illawarra v Melbourne 107,558. Held in Sydney, the end.

_Johnsy

Referee
Nice one. You reckon that over 10,000 people flew over from New Zealand? I'll give you a tip, mate. People, originally from other countries, now live in Brisbane. They are now locals.

Or do you only count White Australians, Pauline?

Wow, playing the race card so early, keep walking backwards. I dont know how many people came over from NZ.

Does not explain the apathy QLD'ers showed last night.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Wow, playing the race card so early, keep walking backwards. I dont know how many people came over from NZ.

Came from you, buddy. I quote:

I was at the game last night and the crowd would have been approx 40% kiwis, that leaves about 22,200 Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast RL fans, from a total population of approx 3.5 million. Quite pathetic really.

You have claimed that there were only 22,200 locals. Explain yourself. Did they come from New Zealand?

You have clearly said that you were only counting what you called locals, and not the rest. Please explain.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Lets compare apples with apples,...

That's right. We can only include games that might compare favourably. We must ignore games that were utterly woeful. Such as a World Cup semi-final.

Nice work. Nice use of selective statistics. Better head back to Year 7 for a refresher course.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Does not explain the apathy QLD'ers showed last night.

If last night's crowd was a demonstration "apathy" then you must look forward to the day that Sydney crowds rise from "completely in the toilet" to "apathetic"! :lol: