What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League is Dying

shinobi

Juniors
I'll take the most boring origin match over that tripe any day. the fact you can win at rugby despite no attack is an indictment on the game, which admittedly is fun to play.

What was the score in thevlast origin again?

And making fun of tackles in union? Well yeah thats cos the forwards are actually bust in the ruck and mall along with scrummaging... wish league diehards would stop being so jealous of international union and worry about why state of origin is seen as the pinnacle of the game and how that thinking is killing leagues ecpansion.

Last Week

Bench

And making fun of tackles in union? Well yeah thats cos the forwards are actually bust in the ruck and mall along with scrummaging... wish league diehards would stop being so jealous of international union and worry about why state of origin is seen as the pinnacle of the game and how that thinking is killing leagues ecpansion.

There have been 16 tries scored in every Rugby World Cup final. Ever. 5 of those were in the most recent World Cup final, and 4 of them were in the first World Cup final.

That's right, 7 tries in the in the 91, 95, 99, 03, 07 and 11 Rugby World Cup finals. Just over 1 a game on average. How would you describe that? Oh yes. Spiffing!

Warriors Fever

Juniors

1. I'm not making fun of tackles, I'm just declaring their is not that many, whether because they kick it, or take ages to scrum, etc
2. "whats bust in the ruck" - While some rucks are contested, a lot of the time its standing over the ball
3. Do you actually enjoy scrummagin? if so, why? I work in stats for both NRL and Super rugby and I can literally make myself a cup of tea in the time it takes a scrum to pack.
4. Their are three blokes on the field who's job is to just be fat, and not fall over when their is one of these exciting scrums. Handling skills? no. can they tackle? they tend to fall off the most. athletic ability? laughable.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Ready through the stats I posted dickhead.
No jealousy just numbers.
41 f**ken stoppages!
Answer the question in relation to scrummaging please. What is so great about it?

juro

Bench
Yawnion test stats.

Metres run aust 501 poms 226
Tackles aust 62! poms 213
Australia kicked the ball 18 times to the poms massive 33
There were 25 f**ken lineouts and 12 scrums 37 stoppages right there.
Also the poms had 4 penalty goal attempts.
Fmd how do people watch that shit?
How many line breaks?

shinobi

Juniors
Ready through the stats I posted dickhead.
No jealousy just numbers.
41 f**ken stoppages!
Answer the question in relation to scrummaging please. What is so great about it?

Haha quick to resort to insults must really hurt your feelings that players like semi are leaving the sport because they want to play one with real international exposure... thing is i like league and union equally so i want them both to succeed but deathriding and insulting fans of another code just because you dont like it is really immature and speaks volumes about the average league fan...

As for scrums some people enjoy seeing 2 forward packs smash into eachother agree that resets are annoying. also some people enjoy seeing the ball always being live meaning when the ball is taken to ground it can be contested in the ruck rather than just automatic play the ball... in union the ball is always contestable which leads to exciting play especially when you have opensode flankers pilfering the ball.

And another thing using the rubbish wallabies as an example of stats is like using the newcastle knights as an example of an elite rugby league team, try watching an all blacks game. In the end you need to worry about expanding league stop riding origins dick like its the best sporting contest in the world and get behind international league cos thats where the future lies.

Danish

Referee
And another thing using the rubbish wallabies as an example of stats is like using the newcastle knights as an example of an elite rugby league team, try watching an all blacks game. In the end you need to worry about expanding league stop riding origins dick like its the best sporting contest in the world and get behind international league cos thats where the future lies.

I like that you rank the 2nd best rugby team on the planet on par with the worst club league team in Australia.

POPEYE

Coach
Turning RL into a truly National game with just 5 teams representing the Greater Sydney area and distributing the unnecessary franchises where they can do the most good might save the game

Usain Bolt

Bench
The Top 14 final, French rugby's showpiece event, will break the attendance record for a domestic match when it is held at Barcelona's Nou Camp on June 24.

The current record is held by Wembley, which hosted a Saracens vs Harlequins London derby in the Aviva Premiership in March 2015 in front of 84,068.

But this summer's Top 14 final is Spain is due to played in front of 98,000, with all available tickets having been confirmed as sold out this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...e-record-hosts-2016-French-14-final-June.html

Time to take Origin to Spain and get 90,000 people:cool:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha quick to resort to insults must really hurt your feelings that players like semi are leaving the sport because they want to play one with real international exposure... thing is i like league and union equally so i want them both to succeed but deathriding and insulting fans of another code just because you dont like it is really immature and speaks volumes about the average league fan...

As for scrums some people enjoy seeing 2 forward packs smash into eachother agree that resets are annoying. also some people enjoy seeing the ball always being live meaning when the ball is taken to ground it can be contested in the ruck rather than just automatic play the ball... in union the ball is always contestable which leads to exciting play especially when you have opensode flankers pilfering the ball.

Less because we don't like it and more to do with Union for hundred years belittling, trying to kill off and refusing to except it is inferior to RL. But you're right most RL fans don't like it because it is an inferior sport. Just a damn shame it is run better than RL generally.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Nice try dickhead.
Union fans have all the excuses under the sun ready to go.
The wallabies made 62 tackles!
There were 41 stoppages.
41 stoppages in an 80 minute game dickhead.
That doesn't include the resetting of the huge scrums you're talking about.
Have you noticed how bray mentions rugby league during every broadcast?
Union is behind at least 5 other sports in this country.
There is a reason for that..............dickhead.

Nice try dickhead.
There were 41 stoppages.

You could also add in how the ARU struggle to get decent FTA TV coverage and don't get near the amount rl does for its TV rights.

Even for the pay TV rights, Fox pay a comparative pittance for RU tv rights compared to what they shell out for RL.

shinobi

Juniors
Nice try dickhead.
There were 41 stoppages.

Im from nz brah i laugh at those rubbish wallabies stats as well haha... i love how worked up you get... by your logic on a sports popularity in this country must mean afl and soccer are far superior spectacles haha good one bro.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Im from nz brah i laugh at those rubbish wallabies stats as well haha... i love how worked up you get... by your logic on a sports popularity in this country must mean afl and soccer are far superior spectacles haha good one bro.

They are better spectacles than rugby union.
And they both suck too.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Less because we don't like it and more to do with Union for hundred years belittling, trying to kill off and refusing to except it is inferior to RL. But you're right most RL fans don't like it because it is an inferior sport. Just a damn shame it is run better than RL generally.

This is true for Union and VFL...

RL, as a game, shits all over these 2, but everything outside of the 34 players on the field is pathetic.

We could talk for hours about how shitty all of the governing bodies are and about how the game is run at the whim of the Old Boyz Club. But the thing that REALLY gets me is how little clubs care about their own brands (i genuinely believe they would make the players run out covered in shitstains if they thought it would make them a quick $)

We have new jerseys ever 2 weeks, new colours every few months, new logos every few years and the jumpers are so covered in sponsorships the players are starting to look like rally cars.

There are only so many times a clubs brand can get pulled apart and ripped up for a buck before fan loyalties start to fray. If clubs cant even respect their own brand, how can they expect fans to love it...

Raiderdave

First Grade
Union at it's best is a pile of dingo road kill puke
And inferior to RL at it's worst

Australians are waking up to this now
And only toffs watch the crap these days here.
I don't give a rats that anyone else watches it anywhere else.

Soccer is the proof that most sport fans all over the world are complete idiots anyway.:lol:

POPEYE

Coach
Union is shit to watch imo but Curtis Rona is the latest to concede that Super Rugby leaves League for dead in every other respect