What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Frederick

Staff member
I created a career on legend with 80 minute games and simmed through the first season...first game I'd beaten the dragons 128-0, and the rest of the season was just as consistent. At the end of the regular season the knights were on top of ladder, with a for of almost 2000 points, Uate ran for 12000 metres and was top try scorer with 52, and someone had made over 2000 tackles in the season (not sure who).

I love the realism in this game.

Parra Pride

Referee
Me and a mate used to play 80 minute games on Rugby League 2, the scores usually ended up similar to 280-270, was good fun.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Watch out, we got a badass up in ere'

Really??

I don't have to like a game. I'm sure you like games that I don't (besides league based games).

every league game since ARL 96 have been shit. I also don't understand how lomu rugby released so long ago can still outplay current rugby/league games.

Maybe because I enjoy soccer and American football as much as I enjoy league means I can enjoy other games and not feel so let down and forced to like average games.

Someone

Bench
Really??

I don't have to like a game. I'm sure you like games that I don't (besides league based games).

every league game since ARL 96 have been shit. I also don't understand how lomu rugby released so long ago can still outplay current rugby/league games.

Maybe because I enjoy soccer and American football as much as I enjoy league means I can enjoy other games and not feel so let down and forced to like average games.

fair enough, it just seems you keep coming back here to voice the same opinion over and over, that RLL2 isnt up to your standard.

I appreciate the game because its rugby league and i understand its grossly flawed. noone here has said its perfect. but i didnt expect much better than what it is and i didnt over hype it so when i played it i wasnt disappointed.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I was bagging rugby league 2. Not rugby league live 2.

I did earlier bag out rugby leage live 2, but honestly I'm glad you guys enjoy it. They had a lot invested in this game.

slamminsam246

Juniors
I love the game mostly due to my League-fan bias. If the 3rd installment of RL live has the same amount of improvement that RL live 2 did from 1, it will be an epic must have. Well done Big Ant Studios! Hopefully this game generates enough profits to give the next version every chance to be a massive hit. Keep the momentum going.

Does anyone know if there are cheats in the game? Would love unlimited salary cap or unlimited stat points lol.

Manly have gone 4 in a row in my pro career (played 3 seasons) but now I am starting to struggle after players transferring and retiring. Won 3 Lost 3 and 1 epic draw with the Warriors in Rd 1. Buhrer dominating!

Micistm

Bench
I'm very happy with how it turned out and will enjoy playing it for a while... you can't expect perfection though.. Come on how high can your standards possibly be? They are still only game 2 out of 5 they have the license for and it is very good for their 2nd attempt. Easily the best and enjoyable league game by far.

Yes, I agree its the best and enjoyable League game by far. But IMO it is still only an average game with glitches that are difficult to overlook. Those flaws are still flaws regardless of 'only their second attempt' etc.
As I said, look at the previous posts over the whole topic; the hype was incredible. So some of the criticism is a little harsh due to disappointment following so much hype, but by the same token some of the waxing lyrical about it due to many just stoked to have a reasonable League game is over the top too. Somewhere in the middle is the truth!;-)
Personally, my review would give it 6-7 out of ten maybe? Which isn't bad...just not worth what it is currently selling for IMO. Each to their own, I will only pay new release prices for something special. This isn't it.

Someone

Bench
i do think this game is a bright stepping stone for future games, i must admit the shine was worn off it, im back to fifa now.

Latest posts