What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Feej

First Grade
Okay, newb question...

I've only been playing a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it, but I can't figure out how to stop tries from bombs. It seems that well over 80% of the time the other team puts one up, they score.

Any advice?

natheel

Coach
I've found if they get a good gap from you under a bomb especially if in front then they will take it. Make sure you are close to them and mainly in front of them.

I was on veteran and had a week off then came back and now back to professional and still playing ordinary wtf

Geohood

Bench
The addiction to Fifa has been too strong and playing Ultimate Team again atm... Look forward to coming back to this game sometime soon :)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The best defence against the bomb is don't let them get in position to put it up. I agree get a body their under it and I find tapping it back works better than catching it.

I struugle more with my players throwing intercepts or throwing passes on the ground.

RHCP

Bench
Today my mate kicked a huge 40/20...only for the scrum to go to me, 10 metres out from his line. Hasn't happened before so it was a funny little glitch I thought.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
how do you shoulder charge? I've done it but not consistently aND WHEN i do i'm not pushing anything different to what i do for an arm tackle

DictatingTerms

Juniors
Timing is pretty important as far as shoulder charges go. That said, they are pretty great when they work. Best one I did was knocking Uate into touch with one in an Australia/NZ game.

AceAv

Juniors
Man I love a good shouldering. Hannant and Thaiday are really getting physical out there!

Does anyone know if the people who GET shouldered tire as the shoulder chargers do?

I finally found some time to invest in this game and the hours just MELT away. I have to train myself not to push so hard on the ps3 controllers so my thumbs dont cop a bruising :O!

Still really loving the game. Having very close games on Pro difficulty in career. Tried Veteren and -yeah its a missed tackle a thon, but something I aim to master before heading online ranked!

I fear I may get a little sick of the game if a patch doesn't come out soon to fix the following issues (and more that are mentioned)

1. Excess of 'clean' intercepts and intercepts that see the opponent cover 5-10 metres in 0.5 seconds as you pass to race away. -I think making knock ons (from both sides) more likely when players push passes and seeing intercepts be taken, but the defense tackle the interceptor more easier if it does (rather than just stand there like garden gnomes) would fix this
2. Fix issue with forwards loving the wing!
3. Fix issue with AI kicking the ball after a hand-over
4. Fix issue with 90m AI field goals
5. Fix issue with pass to the commentary box (I know you can usually avoid this by not passing to a player sprinting to his wing when your at DH)
6. Add custom player to Career Mode
7. Add new draws for each year
8. Fix issues with rage-quitters -kick them from server for 10, 30, 60 minutes, BAN if they are repeat offenders
9. Fix issue with QLD/NSW selection picking halves halves and MORE halves + rep duty not allowing selection of player for club match AFTER SOO
10. Fix Replays to show last 8-10 seconds of play
11. Ability to change game difficulty during career mode
12. (Crucial one) Ability to remove ONLY Gus from the commentary :p

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Referee
They really need to fix the intercepts, I had a pass intercepted by a defender who was a good 5 metres on the outside of the player who should have received the ball.

MattYg1

Bench
Yeah for all the talk about the intercepts are the users problem, I feel at best is a 50:50 between user issue and poor coding... thats probably being generous...

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah, 50% I agree with too. I have won the last 3 games in the dying seconds to carefully plotting my intercept on the AI. You can kind of pick where the AI will throw the ball depending on the field of play and get an intercept if you time it right. Kind of lame, but f**k the AI for trying to make me lose!

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Agreed on the intercepts, some of them are just ridiculous.

I find the number of "missed" tackles just as bad, seems like on every kick the first tackler is fended off.

Springs

First Grade
They really need to fix the intercepts, I had a pass intercepted by a defender who was a good 5 metres on the outside of the player who should have received the ball.

I get this nearly every game.

Put my player through a gap only to have the outside defender take the ball and score.

axl rose

Bench
Man I love a good shouldering. Hannant and Thaiday are really getting physical out there!

Does anyone know if the people who GET shouldered tire as the shoulder chargers do?

Saps the attackers energy, I cant time them though. Few people online have it perfected.

Keith Galloway sure does love the wing.

Latest posts