What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hahaha,

why is it that if someone does not like the game they are either shit at it or just not playing the game properly?

I do not like it, I have better games to play..I am playing Madden and Batman Arkham City. A game like Batman doesnt win game of the year for nothing!

natheel

Coach
I always go a day or so to give it a rest or else ill get sick of it. But I'm like that with a few games

I hate it I flog teams in veteran and then lose online easily haha

Parra Pride

Referee
The game gets more boring when you can easily smash teams on Legend, probably won't play it too much apart from online now, especially with Halo 4 only a week away.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hahaha,

why is it that if someone does not like the game they are either shit at it or just not playing the game properly?

I do not like it, I have better games to play..I am playing Madden and Batman Arkham City. A game like Batman doesnt win game of the year for nothing!

Doesn't it? I found it kind of boring tbh.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Doesn't it? I found it kind of boring tbh.

Agreed. I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, Arkham city was more of the same with crappy irrelevant missions and way too much filler.

In saying that, I really tried to give RLL2 a good go over 2 weeks or so, but I just can't get over how painful the gameplay glitches are. It's better than the first one, but it's still a terrible game.

Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13 and AC3 are without a doubt much better time fillers.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I love the game because it is RL. I also don't mind a few cheats. It is frustrating at the time but it makes it feel sweeter when you win.

I don't like the rep selections and judgement of the players, forwards get no credit for the hard yards.
I don't like you can sign players until end of year
I don't like players getting out of position so easily

But this doesn't ruin the game for me.

MattYg1

Bench
Call me crazy (or just tired of the 2k series by exhaustion of gameplay for many years) but I choose RLL2 over 2k13 everytime because its a better functioning Rugby League title then what we have been given in a long long time...

2k13 obviously trumps it for quality hands down but I havent enjoyed a League game since ARL 96... so thats why this one gets my attention.

At the same time I agree with natheel... space it out... enjoy other games or leisures in between sessions with this title.

I am 8 games into my first season in Franchise because i have so many other things to do between playing it (gaming and non gaming) so I expect this game to have quite a long life span for me.

Micistm

Bench
Agreed. I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, Arkham city was more of the same with crappy irrelevant missions and way too much filler.

In saying that, I really tried to give RLL2 a good go over 2 weeks or so, but I just can't get over how painful the gameplay glitches are. It's better than the first one, but it's still a terrible game.

Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13 and AC3 are without a doubt much better time fillers.

Yes, i've heard many,many complaints of how...not bad, but very average this game is. Yes it's League, but if it isn't a great game it's not a great game. Not terrible, but disappointing considering the hype to release.
Good as a purchase when seen on special...there are better games to purchase for a new release price IMO.

Geohood

Bench
It is a good game though.. IMO.

Things can sometimes go funky online but the base of the gameplay is very fun for league and much more realistic then past games.

redvscotty

First Grade
I love it for the simple fact that I can easily score 10 tries against Brisbane but win 10 - 4 against NQ.

Need to play some more online though.

Micistm

Bench
It is a good game though.. IMO.

Things can sometimes go funky online but the base of the gameplay is very fun for league and much more realistic then past games.

Yes...I don't think its rubbish...but not brill either. I can't say it's a great game simply because it's better than previous shit attempts, or forgive bad glitches on 'its a League game' grounds.
Why is it disappointing...? If you start on page one of this topic and work your way through, it was getting more and more hyped as something special, THE game we'd all been waiting for.
It's an enjoyable, okay but flawed game IMO.

CJG 182

Juniors
Was as excited as anyone for this game but already it's collecting dust.

Better than the previous titles? Sure. Hardly a high standard set there.

Too many things about this game reflect on the developers of having little-to-no knowledge about rugby league.

Hell, some of the rules are incorrect.

Geohood

Bench
Yes...I don't think its rubbish...but not brill either. I can't say it's a great game simply because it's better than previous shit attempts, or forgive bad glitches on 'its a League game' grounds.
Why is it disappointing...? If you start on page one of this topic and work your way through, it was getting more and more hyped as something special, THE game we'd all been waiting for.
It's an enjoyable, okay but flawed game IMO.

I'm very happy with how it turned out and will enjoy playing it for a while... you can't expect perfection though.. Come on how high can your standards possibly be? They are still only game 2 out of 5 they have the license for and it is very good for their 2nd attempt. Easily the best and enjoyable league game by far.

Parra Pride

Referee
Like what rules? Examples

If a player steps outside the field of player after the tackle is complete, he is not counted out, he is allowed to return to the field of play and play the ball, granted this had been wrong with every game, and the rule itself is almost never used in real life, IIRC the last one was either in an Origin or a Test two or three years ago.

Latest posts