What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

AceAv

Juniors
Well I'm pushing for a patch still. I am hopeful with the UK release and the $$ flowing we see it. I emailed True Blue this last week:

We write to you as a massive fans of the game you have recently released. Working with the community of over 200+ members and Big Ant (who have provided excellent support) -We would love to petition a request towards the consideration of a patch to correct (at minimal) the following issues:
1. Excess of intercepts -the majority think making knock ons (from both sides) more likely when players push passes and when intercepts are made cleanly; the team who made the pass, scramble to tackle more smoothly (rather than just stand there like garden gnomes and then decide to chase their shadow to the try line)
2. Fix issue with forwards hugging the wing
3. Fix issue with AI kicking the ball after a hand-over
4. Fix issue with 90m AI field goals
5. Fix issue with pass to the commentary box
6. Add custom players to Career Mode
7. Add new draws for each year in Career Mode
8. Fix issues with rage-quitters -kick them from server for 10, 30, 60 minutes, BAN if they are repeat offenders
9. Fix issue with QLD/NSW/Test selection picking halves halves and MORE halves + rep duty not allowing selection of player for club match AFTER SOO
10. Fix Replays to show last 8-10 seconds of play
11. Fix issue with run speed of players all being the same when sprint bar is used up. Eg -If Civoniceva makes a bust 60m out, & there is no full-back and he has used his sprint, the opposition chasing has used their sprint. There should be no reason that a player like Jennings couldn't eventually catch him with his speed rating

Please find additional bug fix ideas here: http://forum.bigant.com/showthread.php?tid=58

We as a strong lover of the games coming out of True Blue and Big Ant -feel this patch would further strengthen our confidence in the companies and our considerations of future title purchases. Please let us know either way what plans True Blue are making towards these corrections.

Best Regards,

-There is obviously much more to add into there, but I wanted to cover the basics for now. If the game doesn't end up getting patched, I can't see myself putting it down anytime soon. Just kicked off my Broncos online career in the ps3 tourney. Added some good gamers with great connections for casuals. Still yet to move up to Veteran level and also had my buddy come over for some beers last week and getting into co-op mode. So at worst, I might get sick of it not too far out from the world cup version, or 2013 (hopefully).

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
howd you go? choke like parra usually does?

Parramatta 30 def Roosters 12

Clive Churchill Medal winner: Chris Sandow

Taniela Lasalo very unlucky not to get it. He is a gun in this game.

Funny thing is Hindmarsh didn't retire, I had to sign him on a one year deal for 2013.

Springs

First Grade
I think most of that is that it's off-season as well, there's no interest in league right now. Just bad timing with the release.

The only interceptions I have an issue with is where the outside defender intercepts it because the inside attacker doesn't catch it. I think it's meant to represent a bad pass (seems to happen more when I pass with forwards with bad pass ratings).

I don't know how it's a bad pass, usually it's me finally setting up a play and putting my player through the gap only for the outside defender to catch it. Why would the outside defender be going to catch the ball anyway?

I also can't stand the ones where my player passes directly to the opposition. Once Luke Burt beat a tackler, then when I went to draw and pass he threw it straight back to that tackler who was about 5 metres out from the tryline.

Also when I try and offload and he passes to the ground in front of a defender when my player is right there. Mainly because it's the hooker and they do nothing but stand back and when I try and pass it to them they run away.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
PS3. I lose probably 90% of my matches but at least complete them. Had a sneaky game this arvo, got away to a big lead for possibly the first time ever, and bang. Conceded. Pain in the arse!

Frederick

Staff member
I was one of the first people to get RLL2!

Here,

Call someone who gives a shit

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Add to the wishlist that the signings of every club (the ins and outs) should be able to be shown. Would be excellent if it could be done as an article in a RL mag or even on a season wrap on a football show.

Even a weekly news section would be good. not just results but features on teams, who's playing well etc.

But the big thing is that teams should be able to make signings for the next year before the deadline and even upgrade players who aren't off contract yet or sack players mid season or have players walk out mid season if they are not getting game time etc.

I feel the game falls down on the management side.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah, I agree. But gameplay was first and foremost and they did a pretty amazing job at this. Playing online vs friends with good connections is where I am finding most my enjoyment. Loving career mode still, but you pretty much vs the same style of opponent with the AI compared to online.

I would expect the management side to be even better in the upcoming versions, but for now would just be happy to fix the major faults in the game...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
That is where I am. I think the gameplay is good, could be better but good management would make it forgiveable. The management has a long way to go. I agree about the AI. They really need to have it so there are different ways to score. Possession and field position would be one (the defence wears out quicker on their own line. The other would be wearing out the middle of the ruck with inside passes or another would be using angled runner and dummy runner to confuse the defence. If they can get that right then teams could be different as they could employ the tactics more or less often.

AceAv

Juniors
Would anyone be interested in a ps3 online 26 rd competition. With a $15 EB games voucher going to the winning team/coach?

I am currently devising the set-up for this:
Length: 20 minute custom
Teams: Licensed NRL Teams
Difficulty: Legend
Interchange: 10
Weather: Random
Stadium: Home teams choice

Injured player = out for 1 week
Sent off player = out for 2 weeks

Raudonikis

Juniors
what am i doing wrong?when i take an intercept my player nearly always kicks it straight away..also when in the opp ten i have to run from D/H cos they intercept my passes

The Eagle

Juniors
Would anyone be interested in a ps3 online 26 rd competition. With a $15 EB games voucher going to the winning team/coach?

I am currently devising the set-up for this:
Length: 20 minute custom
Teams: Licensed NRL Teams
Difficulty: Legend
Interchange: 10
Weather: Random
Stadium: Home teams choice

Injured player = out for 1 week
Sent off player = out for 2 weeks

I'm in, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles please

Latest posts