What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

natheel

Coach
Anyone who has the game. When you play career are there any players you get in recruitment everytime?

I seem to always gravitate towards

James Tamou
Kyle Stanley
Shaun Kenny Dowal
Simon Mannering

These guys usually make huge differences to my seasons. Kyle Stanley is a great buy 78 rating but a great kicker and breaks the line at times.

English players I find are good buys

Sam Tomkins
Ryan Hall
Gareth Hock

I'm dogs at the moment and this is my team

1. Kyle Stanley (Dragons)
2. Justin O'Neill (Storm)
3. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Gareth Whiddop (Storm)
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Tamou (Cowboys)
9. James Segeyaro (Cowboys)
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Tony Williams (Sea Eagles)
12. Jacob Loko (Eels)
13. Thomas Symonds (Roosters)
14. Ryan Boyle (Salford)
15. James Graham
16. Jarred Waerea Hargreaves (Roosters)
17. Corey Payne

Definatley a Bulldogesque side in the type of buys I made
Also find Loko is great in the backrow
I try to makes buys that I think the real teams would make. So with dogs just go after the best player from the season before lol

natheel

Coach
when i'm not Eels i go after a few parra players. Never Hindy as i hate seeing him in another Jersey haha but i go for Tim Mannah, Hayne (sometimes) Moi Moi (get a year out of him) and sometimes i'll go for one of the Tongas. Esi is good for a back up centre or off the bench as is Loko

Teams i enjoy being

Raiders
Cowboys
Eels

these 3 teams are my fav in the game as they have decent squads (in the game) to start off and then you can strengthen certain areas like Cowboys i try to strengthen thir backs (Centre/wing) while Riaders i strengthen their Halves as Campese usually retires after the first year and Parra i usually strenghten the forwards. I was surprsied how good parra were in the game

Allstar Knights

Juniors
For the Knights I bought Matt Scott, Tariq Sims, Boyd Cordner and Richie Fa'aoso at the end of the first season. Wanted Jeremy Smith so badly, but he was under contract with Cronulla

Fa'aoso is an old fav player of mine so he's a given, plus he's one of the best props in the game for some reason. I couldn't believe it when I noticed he had better in-game stats than Matt Scott ... lol

Team looks like this:

1. Boyd
2. K Naiqama
3. Tahu (will offload him next season and promote Likiliki or buy someone else.)
4. Gagai
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Scott
11. Taia
12. Sims
13. Houston

14. Cordner
15. Cuthbertson
16. Fa'aoso
17. Mason

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
do you guys use backs off the bench at all? Online mode i do because you need it but the only time i use them during career mode is against top sides otherwise i use 2 props and hooker/half and a second rower

natheel

Coach
Yeh i've had Cordner a few times in my sides he is handy. Lasalo is handy in the game too as centre/backrow

i find getting the 'superstars' isn't always the best thing. I usually have a decent halfback with a better five eight or vise versa but always have a lower rated fullback like Tomkins or Stanley as it allows for more better wingers and forwards in terms of salary. I usually have 1 or 2 high paid players (400k) i find shaun Kenny dowal hard to recruit a a centre his price is way to high (330k) ut if i can i always get him and partner him up with a young centre like Loko

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I prefer to have Hayne. Play him as a second playmaker just because his defence at the back saves tries.

My first season best three quarter line was:

2. Morgan
3. Blair
4. Atkins
5. Loko

And I used Sio to rotate them. Morgan is a better centre than winger. Second season I picked up Lawrence and he was cheap!

Agreed on Lasalo but his price was too high and another team snapped him up. Need to get rid of Tonga and I can free up the cash to keep the others.

natheel

Coach
Idk I'm giving my ps3 a rest then go back on. But others on FB havnt said anything yet. Custom players in career mode now too

Latest posts