What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Ausguy

Coach
Ok dont wanna be too pessimistic but some of the comments on the sidhe forums arent sounding very good. Too many intercepts, balls into the crowd, forwards on the wing etc.

And once again Trublu will miss the perfect release window of the finals and this is going to hurt their sales. You would think they'd adjust their f*cking dev cycle based on past experience. If i were in charge i'd be inclined to delay release to March 2013, update the squads, iron out the bugs and promote the hell out of it leading into the new season.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Dragon let me explain some of what you may be reading here and at sidhe...

The intercepts - in my opinion were because people were throwing passes everywhere, the button sequence is simple, bumper right or left for one pass left or right to the first person or hold and hit B X Y etc to hit another player - we were all trying to just fling the ball out, we were also slow at passing from dummy half, everyone was thrown in the deep end, i think once you spend an hour on the passing it will be crisp. Dont let this get you down.

The passing over sideline... well i saw people throw it out because they had no winger there to throw it to... does that count? Again comes down to mastering the controller. Sure i threw a long pass about 30 metres, but it doesnt do it unless u tell it to and when i did i got no benefit, a guy smashed me as soon as i caught it.

Forwards were occasionally out wide and on the wing but i only saw this from broken play, many times i noticed that wingers were on the wing, this is not an issue that always happens.

Im not a fan of previous titles, this however i am buying.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Any word on DLC?

The only information I have on DLC is that they are not officially planning anything. From what I have been told they are happy for fans to edit and create players using the new editor in game. But there is always an option to release a DLC to update the roster if there are massive chances.

Ausguy

Coach
Cheers Aus, just tryin to keep a lid on my excitement ive been burned before.

Me too.

The only thing people should be saddened about from what ive seen and heard is the delay in release.

The features not seen ie career etc would have to be rubbish for this to turn me away

natheel

Coach
Judging by all the feedback I think we are spoilt in terms of creation which will be great for the longevity of the game. Can't wait. So glad I preordered

MattYg1

Bench
Ive read a few comments about the different tackle types but does this game still retain the system to slide or compress your defensive line like RL3 had?

Ausguy

Coach
Matt we didn't go into much detail in regards to tactics

In hindsight the disappointing part of the night was that we didn't get given a sheet with the controller setup. Everyone was asking each other what buttons did what.

In saying that the loading screens showed us some other and they were detailed but not up long enough to learn them.

The game manual or controller sheet will be a must to read

Danish

Referee
They definitely still had a tactics system activated through the directional pad, although no one used it so can't tell you how effective or otherwise it is

MattYg1

Bench
Hmm i must say I hope that Tru Blue are planning a little more then just last nights showing to 20 people.. Certainly there must be a trailer or IGN/Gamespot preview upcoming..

Having said that reading what you guys are reporting its sounding like something special... I dont mind the steep learning curb and it seems like you have to actually play it properly and use real League tactics to win games... Cant wait at this time...

Might preorder tonight...

azsportza

Live Update Team
Hmm i must say I hope that Tru Blue are planning a little more then just last nights showing to 20 people.. Certainly there must be a trailer or IGN/Gamespot preview upcoming..

Having said that reading what you guys are reporting its sounding like something special... I dont mind the steep learning curb and it seems like you have to actually play it properly and use real League tactics to win games... Cant wait at this time...

Might preorder tonight...

As the others have said, there is tactics in the game. No one used them because the controls weren't overly explained. Once you see a control map with all the buttons it will become clearer. I really think you can pick it up if you spent 30 minutes playing and learning the controls

azsportza

Live Update Team
Judging by all the feedback I think we are spoilt in terms of creation which will be great for the longevity of the game. Can't wait. So glad I preordered

Correct, it seems that they have taken the time to make sure the editor was good enough so they wouldn't have to release DLC's and users could add in the required players when they wanted.

Ausguy

Coach
I just want to add something... I think I mentioned it earlier but the angled lines showing running intention are going to be great.

I noticed when you are 10 meters out the longer lines really do hit the line faster opening up a kick in behind the line.

A guy right near the end of the night did this accidentally I might add and the player dived collected the ball and grounded it. It was special.

Also noticed when a centre played the ball 15 in from touch and there were 2 on the blind side occasionally the winger would have an angle line infield with the player 2 in wrapping around towards the wing. The players ran those exact lines and it's definite food for thought.

MattYg1

Bench
I just want to add something... I think I mentioned it earlier but the angled lines showing running intention are going to be great.

I noticed when you are 10 meters out the longer lines really do hit the line faster opening up a kick in behind the line.

A guy right near the end of the night did this accidentally I might add and the player dived collected the ball and grounded it. It was special.

Also noticed when a centre played the ball 15 in from touch and there were 2 on the blind side occasionally the winger would have an angle line infield with the player 2 in wrapping around towards the wing. The players ran those exact lines and it's definite food for thought.

Brilliant... Simply programming the non player controlled players to run correct angles and lines is all the series has needed... Better then set plays because I feel it will give the player the ultimate feeling of creativity picking the right runner to give it to...

Also the try from the grubber sounds great too..

Just to confirm also because I haven't seen it answered is do players hit the ball at speed and with momentum? Or do you still get the occasional flat footed player receiving a cut out ball?

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
Brilliant... Simply programming the non player controlled players to run correct angles and lines is all the series has needed... Better then set plays because I feel it will give the player the ultimate feeling of creativity picking the right runner to give it to...

Also the try from the grubber sounds great too..

Just to confirm also because I haven't seen it answered is do players hit the ball at speed and with momentum? Or do you still get the occasional flat footed player receiving a cut out ball?

To answer the last part there. When passing the ball, the players will run onto the ball, but it only happened once but you can throw the pass to a flat footed player. But most times they will run the line you can see marked out with the white line

Ausguy

Coach
I was watching off the ball all the time. That is why I only had one game myself.

The players definitely run the line. The longer lines hit faster. There were plenty of cross overs as well ie players outside the first reciever coming back under

azsportza

Live Update Team
Does Dave Taylor throw the ball at the smallest bloke he can find after scoring a try?

hahahaa no. But he does have his speed for the big man. Someone was using him in the NRL All Stars match and he busted away and scored a 30 metre try