What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Someone

Bench
I bought it from mightyape yesterday at lunch, it turned up in Australia at 9am this morning. Playing through only 1 game so far and I can't feel much change from the last besides its not as easy to slow the play the ball down.

on mighty ape it still says release date is 28th of july for me. how did you get it early?

Special K

Coach
Mine arrives tomorrow.

How do you rate the game? I never really played the previous edition.
It plays very similar to the last few games but it is harder, I've been spanked a few times. Still some annoying things like having the ball on my ten and my forwards waiting a hit up all standing in the in goal near the dead ball like.

https://press-start.com.au/news/pla...en-street-date-new-zealand-aussies-will-wait/ is how I got the game.

DFDk4IrUIAAY9ct.jpg

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah hearing the same! Thanks for the update. The other games I would play for about 2-3 hours, think they were awesome then realise it was a heap of shit and return them.

Rumour doing the mill that the issues most people are finding are going to be sorted by the patch due out on release (28th). Knowing Big Ant, I assume the patch to relate to a change in the menu music...

It does look harder. Also from the videos it seems as though throwing the ball wide is not going to work like it did before.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
"Kudos to the guy cutting the gameplay trailers, the only job harder than finding a minute of bug free try scoring in Rugby League Live 4 would be putting together the Tim Glasby highlights package for the State of Origin pregame."

Ouch :):):)

http://stevivor.com/reviews/rugby-league-live-4-review/
lol I wonder if Ross will go after this guy like he did with that poor sucker who dared give a slightly negative review of RLL3.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah hearing the same! Thanks for the update. The other games I would play for about 2-3 hours, think they were awesome then realise it was a heap of shit and return them.

Rumour doing the mill that the issues most people are finding are going to be sorted by the patch due out on release (28th). Knowing Big Ant, I assume the patch to relate to a change in the menu music...

It does look harder. Also from the videos it seems as though throwing the ball wide is not going to work like it did before.
That's what they said in the review I linked to. Apparently the lack of quick play the ball option allows the opposition defense the time to get set every single play, and trying to go around them won't work as they slide "like a Craig Bellamy coached team". There's more emphasis on trying to beat players one-on-one, with sidesteps or barging through. Also the AI lets bombs bounce a lot

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The videos I have seen, seems like open field tackling is what it was before, very hard lol.

I hope the patch fixes some of the bugs I have seen, you would think if the passing was slightly better and the play the ball speed would increase at times, it could actually be a very good simulation. I just watched a video with the contested catching - how shocking is that haha but I will give it the benefit of the doubt, some of these players seem to be pretty crap.

axl rose

Bench
That's what they said in the review I linked to. Apparently the lack of quick play the ball option allows the opposition defense the time to get set every single play,

I would take these things grain of salt,as some people have only had it a few hours, have seen plenty of quick play the balls on youtube from a guy who has has it 2 days and knows the mechanics. Properly using his props and that predator heat cam thing.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Stamina is bugged to hell. Players never get tired which makes it impossible to score. Also watching my AI defenders stand like deers in the headlights while opposition runs by is STILL here after f**king 4 iterations

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Okay so here's the issue I have with this so far. For the previous games, I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that the problem was the game and not myself. Rampant intercepts, players being in unexplainable positions on the field when you need them, that sort of thing. You all have played them you know exactly what I mean.

For this one, bearing in mind I haven't played it THAT much yet, I honestly don't know if the problem is the game or myself with the way they've set up the tactics/setplays. Am I just not doing it right or is this opposition defence just impenetrable? So I guess you could call that some sort of improvement? I dunno, more time needed.

natheel

Coach
Okay so here's the issue I have with this so far. For the previous games, I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that the problem was the game and not myself. Rampant intercepts, players being in unexplainable positions on the field when you need them, that sort of thing. You all have played them you know exactly what I mean.

For this one, bearing in mind I haven't played it THAT much yet, I honestly don't know if the problem is the game or myself with the way they've set up the tactics/setplays. Am I just not doing it right or is this opposition defence just impenetrable? So I guess you could call that some sort of improvement? I dunno, more time needed.
I was the same at first and it was getting very frustrating but I just had a game where I gave Knights a flogging and it was good. Some good scoots from dummy half too