What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Last Week

Bench
I'd rather 16 and 17, tbh.

18 is just...it's really shit.

The AI is awful, All Madden just means "let's injure your preferred receiver, and give more penalties against you (instead of actually making the game harder)"...

EA should have a good, long, hard look at themselves after this effort, tbh.

Ended up trading it in for The Witcher 3, Battlefield 1 and UFC (get some sport into it)

Witcher seems to get a great wrap. Battlefield will be the first war game I've bought since COD Modern Warfare. And UFC as I haven't had a combat game in a while (except for Injustice 1 and 2). I've heard it's shit but eh.

I'll wait until Madden 18 is cheaper maybe.

A few games pique my interest. Spiderman, Assassins Creed Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2, God of War, Detroit, Days Gone, Shadow of War, PUBG. Lots of options coming.

Ended up trading it in for The Witcher 3, Battlefield 1 and UFC (get some sport into it)

Witcher seems to get a great wrap. Battlefield will be the first war game I've bought since COD Modern Warfare. And UFC as I haven't had a combat game in a while (except for Injustice 1 and 2). I've heard it's shit but eh.

I'll wait until Madden 18 is cheaper maybe.

A few games pique my interest. Spiderman, Assassins Creed Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2, God of War, Detroit, Days Gone, Shadow of War, PUBG. Lots of options coming.

The Witcher is amazing, i love it....UFC i traded as i got bored of it

If you enjoy the Witcher I'd strongly recommend both expansions

Paullyboy

Coach
I'd rather 16 and 17, tbh.

18 is just...it's really shit.

The AI is awful, All Madden just means "let's injure your preferred receiver, and give more penalties against you (instead of actually making the game harder)"...

EA should have a good, long, hard look at themselves after this effort, tbh.
Madden has been on a horrible decline for a decade. It was by far the best sports game about 10 (maybe even longer) years ago, and they got so complacent and literally the game hasn't progressed in any meaningful way other than a new graphics engine every now and then.

Ultimate Team and those weird arse card games are to blame, developers get lazy because they know that's all they have to do now.

thorson1987

Coach
Madden has been on a horrible decline for a decade. It was by far the best sports game about 10 (maybe even longer) years ago, and they got so complacent and literally the game hasn't progressed in any meaningful way other than a new graphics engine every now and then.

Ultimate Team and those weird arse card games are to blame, developers get lazy because they know that's all they have to do now.

It's what happens when there is no competition. The old NFL 2K games kept EA on their toes.

Last Week

Bench

I got so hooked on MUT for 16 and early 17. Honestly couldn't put it down. But like all these sorts of games, to be successful you either need to play for 8 hours a day at least, or drop money and buy packs.

Paullyboy

Coach
I followed the build up to this game for ages, then when it came close to release my interest dropped off significantly. At no point have I considered even looking for it, which surprises me.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I bought the other 3 in the first week of release but finally learned my lesson and didn’t touch this one at all.

RoosTah

Juniors
I’ve been watching a bit of NFL and getting into it recently, so thought I might get madden just to get a better grip on the rules and also to play a more polished sports game. It looks pretty impressive, but it’s interesting to hear you guys reckon it’s regressed.

On the more niche sports title front, there’s a new Rugby Union game coming out that doesn’t actually look too bad (yet) - Rugby 18. Will wait for reviews, but it’d be good to have a solid rugby title of either code

Paullyboy

Coach
I’ve been watching a bit of NFL and getting into it recently, so thought I might get madden just to get a better grip on the rules and also to play a more polished sports game. It looks pretty impressive, but it’s interesting to hear you guys reckon it’s regressed.

Madden set the bar sooo high in the 2000's. It was phenomenal. But it literally has barely changed in about 6 years. They actually tend to take features out so that they can cram more of that card trading business in

Matua

Bench
I actually enjoy playing it, it has some stupid things (like all sports games do) but once you make peace with them it's fine.

I like playing careers as a coach and have an NRL and English one going at the same time. Play as the Warriors (better than the real shit show) and the Wolfpack (filled with NZers now I'm about 6 seasons in).

I only play about 2 or 3 10 minute games a weekday.