What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Danish

Referee
Had to buy this through the xbox marketplace since they aren't exactly carrying copies of it in the US.

Not having a manual to work out the controls is a f**king nightmare. Learning on the fly.

I seem to be able to defend ok (the controlled movement is absolutely essential close to your line). Biggest problem I am having is earning hard yards out of my end. Seems like no matter what I do my forwards just get driven back every tackle and my only way forward is to spread it and then put a step on once I have someone one on one.

Kicking is still an absolute mystery to me. If I try to kick any longer than 20-30m downfield I get tackled every goddamned time.

As mentioned also offloads seem like a complete non-starter. I haven't completed a successful one yet (either I just get gang tackled, throw one forward, or pop one that gets intercepted).

All in all though I think the main issue is I just plain suck. I did manage to pull off a f**king awesome chip and chase try which felt like genuine footy (chipped over the line, drew and passed the fullback). Alas the stupid replay just shows the last 15m before diving over as it always has).

Hopefully by the time I've done a full season I'll have it figured out.

Haffa

Playing on Career mode as Newcastle and none of the NSW Cup players are available for selection.

Also has anyone noticed that at the end of a game for a moment every player is standing on the same spot. 26 players in one spot.

BTown324

Juniors
Biggest challenge I'm facing is this whole r1 l1 changing player thing when defending. It feels counter intuitive and I end up constantly button mashing in a scramble. May be just me being crap at the game.

axl rose

Bench
Biggest challenge I'm facing is this whole r1 l1 changing player thing when defending. It feels counter intuitive and I end up constantly button mashing in a scramble. May be just me being crap at the game.

I think you can change it back to the 'classic' setting in the settings. A few guys on youtube though saying it does become better, after alot of practice.

AJB1102

First Grade
Feel like they've improved so much on this game but found other ways to fail.

Sounds like every RL game they've made since the first one. Fix one thing, f**k up another.

I'm trying hard but nothing is convincing me to stump up for this yet.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Picked the game up last night and am disspaointed. It is better then the last one and the player faces are spot on. A lot of customisation including a stadium creator and the ability to download other people's creations. However there are some issues with the gameplay. The passing is broken, passes seem to take an age to get to the receiver. Changing player is a nightmare and the ruck is ridiculously slow which slows the game right down to stop start. I'm not sure offloads exist and t seems hard to get long distance kicks away. The carrer mode is broken with players having crazy values that makes it ridiculous when building a team. Benji wanted 800k. A lot of potential but it just feels unfinished

Storm13

Juniors
Sounds like every RL game they've made since the first one. Fix one thing, f**k up another.

I'm trying hard but nothing is convincing me to stump up for this yet.
The kicking is atrocious but the one thing that frustrates me the most is the player movements when trying to defend.

Playing on the second easiest dificulty and still yet to win a match.

AJB1102

First Grade
The kicking is atrocious but the one thing that frustrates me the most is the player movements when trying to defend.

Playing on the second easiest dificulty and still yet to win a match.

The one thing I've always hated and from the video I've seen is yet to be fixed is that players just do not run onto the ball. Everyone is receiving the ball flat-footed and its just impossible to mix up the tempo of the game and get a roll on which is a crucial part of RL today.

When you add in that its almost impossible to execute an offload, you're constantly facing a set D line - how do you gain momentum without playing jungle ball?

Parra Pride

Coach
The one thing I've always hated and from the video I've seen is yet to be fixed is that players just do not run onto the ball. Everyone is receiving the ball flat-footed and its just impossible to mix up the tempo of the game and get a roll on which is a crucial part of RL today.

When you add in that its almost impossible to execute an offload, you're constantly facing a set D line - how do you gain momentum without playing jungle ball?

You have to double tap pass buttons to get players running on to the ball, and I'm pretty sure that is something that they've had in since RLL2 at least, was definitely in the last one though seemingly a lot of people had never realised it.

Storm13

Juniors
You have to double tap pass buttons to get players running on to the ball, and I'm pretty sure that is something that they've had in since RLL2 at least, was definitely in the last one though seemingly a lot of people had never realised it.
First I've heard or read about the double tap.

Sean7

Juniors
Only played 3 10 minute games so car. Played on Rookie first and won 58 - 2. Bumped it up to Pro and now having low scoring close losses.

Seems better than the last one, but a lot of immediate issues:

Every play the ball takes ages so no momentum.
Despite the slow play the balls my players can't seem to get back to marker in time.
Slow passing even with double tap.
Speed ratings again a mystery. Playing as Eels, Sam Burgess breaks the line and runs the length and of field to score against me. None of my players can make any ground on him including French. I break the line with Gutherson and practically their entire team catches me in no time.

redvscotty

First Grade
No quick play the balls.
Offloads are there, but they aren't easy to get off.
As said above, markers never in position despite the slow play the ball.
Flat footed offense.

It's a broken as f**k game, but the thing that gets me every time is when the opposition kick to me and the FB or Winger catches it...

..if I refrain from touching anything on the controller, the opposition stay about 10m back and wait for me to do something. One will run up and nudge me but then runs back into his line and waits again. Did it about 3 times over before I started running and got tackled.

It's bizarre, ridiculous that it's even in the game and a shining example of why this company should never get the rights to it again.

Played an U20's game last night, 6 career ending injuries (in total between both teams), 4 forward passes from tap restarts. Wanted me to get 34 tackles as a fullback for the career bonus points. Ok pal.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It is an utter travesty how flippantly the NRL treat their assets in the video game sphere. Then again it's the same with a lot of shit to do with this comp.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Not too sure if it's in this one (haven't played it yet, hopefully tonight if the kids piss off), but to get a fast play the ball, you need to move the right stick around and they should get up and play the ball faster. Well, that was the way in RLL3

Parra Pride

Coach
No quick play the balls.
Offloads are there, but they aren't easy to get off.
As said above, markers never in position despite the slow play the ball.
Flat footed offense.

It's a broken as f**k game, but the thing that gets me every time is when the opposition kick to me and the FB or Winger catches it...

..if I refrain from touching anything on the controller, the opposition stay about 10m back and wait for me to do something. One will run up and nudge me but then runs back into his line and waits again. Did it about 3 times over before I started running and got tackled.

It's bizarre, ridiculous that it's even in the game and a shining example of why this company should never get the rights to it again.

Played an U20's game last night, 6 career ending injuries (in total between both teams), 4 forward passes from tap restarts. Wanted me to get 34 tackles as a fullback for the career bonus points. Ok pal.

$70-$100 well spent?

beave

Coach
Just played it for the first time, what a steaming pile of dog shit. Gallen just ran through the goal post to score. Why the f**k do they bother making games like this.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Lesson learnt from RLL3.
I'll be avoiding any Big Ant games in the future, that is at least buying them on release and maybe give them a chance with good reviews. Reading feedback solely on here and whatever I see on Facebook, it's very mixed. One common theme is people waiting for patches.....ahem...