What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

But seriously it is the best Rugby League game to play by a long way.

If you have the patience to learn how it plays properly it is just fantastic and has a realism unlike any other Rugby League game before it.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
But seriously it is the best Rugby League game to play by a long way.

If you have the patience to learn how it plays properly it is just fantastic and has a realism unlike any other Rugby League game before it.

mate lets be honest, put your pay check from true blue and ratbag aside, this game is utter poo.

Sure it is better than the other rugby league games and sure it is probably more realistic, but it is still a dud game.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
there's something to the the whole patience thing. in rl2 you could go through a season on the hardest difficulty without even coming close to winning a game. on Live you have to think about how you are going to break the line, and how you are going to score. ie. send a few forwards charging, compress their defense, then spread it. the game seems to suffer the same complex as its predecessors. plenty of good ideas, poor execution. for what its worth, the game is fun

HOWEVER... some of the flaws are inexcusable. they had a chance to build upon the solid gameplay with a good franchise mode, and they decided not to. god knows why.

and is everyone else finding that goal kickers can't kick the ball hard enough to convert from the sideline? i'm playing with souths, and both sandow and luke have that problem

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Ok ive only had it a day but can someone help me on some general tips on how to offer a bit more in attack. In medium level + I have absolutely nothing

natheel

Coach
been playing medium last few days, lost 5 in a row as roosters, then came up against dogs, manly and canberra and flogged them. both carney and kenny-dowel rip it. ive just started to offer more in attack. its round 21 and ive won 12 and lost lost 7 2 byes gone by. got linnet in the centres with SKD on the wing, get most out of him from that position. hate playing sharks, they frustrate the sh*t out of me. they do so many offloads and morris busts the line from dummy half alot. their only 2 wins in the season are against me.

i tend to struggle with offloads...any tips?

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
RL3 is better, its more fun, the graphics on the Wii are better than RLL on PS3, it looks like a huge rush job, very poor indeed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok ive only had it a day but can someone help me on some general tips on how to offer a bit more in attack. In medium level + I have absolutely nothing

You need to play a hooker on the bench. A few hitups a few scoots and then spread it. Put the fastest runners on the wing a offloading lock. This way should put the wingers away. Kick early prob 4th the fast wingers get the bounce sometimes if not you start it down their end.

You wont flog teams prob win 24-10 etc.

I started out using Aust v Ireland or someone so you can kick better and better players

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

put an absolute flyer on the wing (i have nathan merrit). play close to the sidelines. when you are about 5 metres in from touch, there is generally only 1 or 2 defending down the blind side. scoot with your dummy half to draw 1/both of them and pass to the winger. thats my go to move to make ground. if your winger is faster then the fullback, you should be able to run in field and get around him to score. but if its billy slater of someone like that at fullback, you just have to try to step them

franklin2323

Immortal
put an absolute flyer on the wing (i have nathan merrit). play close to the sidelines. when you are about 5 metres in from touch, there is generally only 1 or 2 defending down the blind side. scoot with your dummy half to draw 1/both of them and pass to the winger. thats my go to move to make ground. if your winger is faster then the fullback, you should be able to run in field and get around him to score. but if its billy slater of someone like that at fullback, you just have to try to step them

Agreed. A good passing lock they will always send them up the sideline

sydraider

First Grade
I like this game, its not great but I like it.

The one thing that pisses me off the most, when im controlling a defender and commit to a tackle, they still fall for the dummy, really irks me.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I like this game, its not great but I like it.

The one thing that pisses me off the most, when im controlling a defender and commit to a tackle, they still fall for the dummy, really irks me.

yeh i hate that. especially close to you line....

or when you try to pass form the scrum base, it passes straight to someone in the scrum who is a mile offside

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
If it wasnt RL id hate it but its RL, so i play it non stop.

The other thing I ahte is when you jake a break have a man on the inside and you throw it into pass to him and he stops to catch it. I cant help but throw intercept passes either, and when I play online everyone just keeps barging me off in defence, but when i take hitups i can never break a tackle.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
If it wasnt RL id hate it but its RL, so i play it non stop.

The other thing I ahte is when you jake a break have a man on the inside and you throw it into pass to him and he stops to catch it. I cant help but throw intercept passes either, and when I play online everyone just keeps barging me off in defence, but when i take hitups i can never break a tackle.

i find holding the pass button for longer before releasing stops the receiver stopping. also, with intercepts, its just a matter of running an angle till you have a clear line to another one of your players... although i have a pretty good success rate stepping/palming off the fullback, so i don't go for the pass too much

fiji

Juniors
could someone please ost the stock melbourne storm team ... i ' ve f**ked it up with changes

Acka

Coach
Hi There,
I was just wondering if anyone here has this game and what do they think about it?

Latest posts