What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Player's Social Lives

I believe that the outcome of what happens to Benji is going to be enormously important for Rugby League.

Why shouldn't a player have a social life?
Why should they have to put up with knobs mouthing off at them?

When they are out and behaving themselves why shouldn't they be left alone to relax and enjoy themselves?

If Benji gets charged, dropped or fined for this, I believe it will open the door for everyother moronic sledger and thug to just pester, prod and provoke every player seen in public.

Players are human beings too, they enjoy a night out just like we all do, I have seen them pose for photos and sign autographs while out having a beer or even dinner with their families and they do it happily. We cannot expect them to be hermits and only train and play.

This is a massively important opportunity for the NRL and I believe the players should be supported and that this invisible loud mouthed racist should be named and shamed.

Why is he not getting his name and photo in the paper?

Just remember players are normal human beings too!!

They also deserve a life.

I think we all would have done the same thing if we were in Benji's position.

Name and shame this bloke, put cameras outside his house 24/7, follow him to work (or Centrelink most probably), give him a taste.

Bubbles

derp

Juniors
I believe that the outcome of what happens to Benji is going to be enormously important for Rugby League.

Why shouldn't a player have a social life?
Why should they have to put up with knobs mouthing off at them?

When they are out and behaving themselves why shouldn't they be left alone to relax and enjoy themselves?

If Benji gets charged, dropped or fined for this, I believe it will open the door for everyother moronic sledger and thug to just pester, prod and provoke every player seen in public.

Players are human beings too, they enjoy a night out just like we all do, I have seen them pose for photos and sign autographs while out having a beer or even dinner with their families and they do it happily. We cannot expect them to be hermits and only train and play.

This is a massively important opportunity for the NRL and I believe the players should be supported and that this invisible loud mouthed racist should be named and shamed.

Why is he not getting his name and photo in the paper?

Just remember players are normal human beings too!!

They also deserve a life.

I think we all would have done the same thing if we were in Benji's position.

Name and shame this bloke, put cameras outside his house 24/7, follow him to work (or Centrelink most probably), give him a taste.

Bubbles
Nice rant bubbles
Do you know for sure that Benji was racially abused? If so give us some feed back.

Eels Dude

Coach
They deserve to have a life. But that's the price you pay for being a celebrity. When you go out you will be recognised by other people. If you get into strife it will be all over the media the next day. That's not going to change. Players just need to be aware of it and avoid putting them into these situations because they are well aware that it's not something that can be swept under the rug like it can be done for the average joe. Are they overly scrutinised? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No.

If players like Benji want to earn 500k a year playing football and appearing on TV as a media personality good on them, that's their right, but if they do screw up they'll face scrutinity and media attention that a bricklayer earning 30k a year won't get. And they should know that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
lol. good one op. f**king moran.

images

BDGS

Bench
Nice rant bubbles
Do you know for sure that Benji was racially abused? If so give us some feed back.

Benji was called a "black ****"

"Rugby League Player's Social Lives" = none of our business.

roarr

Juniors
the guy raised 250k for childrens cancer on the same night... why dont the papers want to run a lead story on that everytime somelike like benj does it.

gallagher

Juniors
You're only saying this cause it's Benji.

BS. I think most supporters feel this way. If this had of happened to a Preston Campbell or a Petro Civenaceva and not Benji people would think the same.

We have few class people in our game and they should be protected.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I get sick of seeing a headline "Rugby League player was out at 3am", or "Rugby League player was kicked out of a night club".

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
When I was a RL player, I got up to so much sh*t. Even had a chopper hovering over us one night.

Weird thing was, there were others with us who didn't play RL. It was a very odd night.

Titanic

First Grade
Everybody seems to get so precious about the "image" of the game. I think we've all been blinded by this claptrap.

If Mel Gibson plays-up, gets pizzed or whatever, the public doesn't slam the movie industry and then all threaten to turn to watching grass grow. No, we all say "what a wanker" or "what a player" but we don't hold the industry responsible.

Everybody should be judged by their actions and then the law. Myles shat in a hotel hallway, how is that Rugby League's fault or the Rorters, for that matter? Benji's brain explosion or whatever, is his brain explosion. The facts aren't even out, so perhaps everybody should just wait until there is something more than a journo's report.

What's happened to not releasing names until there has been some proof - no matter what happens now this guy will be slammed for it - guilty or not.

Last edited:

Latest posts