What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

maccattack

Juniors
The Dally Messenger stand at the SCG is getting a lot of exposure tonight.
For those who don't know, the MBL is on there tonight and it's televised on Gem. Every time the camera shines on the pitcher we see the name Dally Messenger.

Last edited:

Shire Panther

Juniors
Ian Chappell also mentioned Rugby League when he was talking about all of the old memorabilia in the Member's stand he said something like "lot's of old memorabilia in here and not just cricket also lot of Rugby League as Rugby League was played here".

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I saved a wayne gretzky goal wearing a leeds rhino jersey in the goalie simulator at the hockey hall of fame in Toronto, when I walked off there was a bloke in line in a wigan jumper that patted me on the back.

eozsmiles

Bench
I saved a wayne gretzky goal wearing a leeds rhino jersey in the goalie simulator at the hockey hall of fame in Toronto, when I walked off there was a bloke in line in a wigan jumper that patted me on the back.

haha that's gold. A bit of Yorkshire magic is too much for the great one.

Holy crap on a cracker. Never noticed that even though I've watched the movie a dozen or so times.

Nicolette Sheridan...hubba hubba.

I watched it about 25 years ago and thought geez that looks like an Australian Jersey... but those were the days you couldn’t just rewind live tv for a look/check. Nor when you could get an answer quickly from uncle Google.

I completely forgot about it until Andrew Voss put it on The Fan. He wore it in a few scenes.

League gets a mention in this Sex Pistols documentary of all places. Around the 24 minute mark. Great doco BTW.

Great doco indeed. I've also heard an interview with Bob Geldof talking about the Sex Pistols in comparison with the environment he grew up in - as dire as this. Friends of mine too who grew up in that era - truly was as miserable as you can imagine, The sporting teams of these towns of the day were the one thing that usually gave them something to believe in. Or the music of guys like Jonny Rotten.

Great doco indeed. I've also heard an interview with Bob Geldof talking about the Sex Pistols in comparison with the environment he grew up in - as dire as this. Friends of mine too who grew up in that era - truly was as miserable as you can imagine, The sporting teams of these towns of the day were the one thing that usually gave them something to believe in. Or the music of guys like Jonny Rotten.

How badly did Paul Cook age? The man has a washboard forehead!