What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

Hindyscrack

Bench
I was walking through the coliseum in rome and I saw a guy walking around in the heritage Australian jersey. I wore my sharks jerseys all over europe!

I watched the NRL grand final at an aussie pub at oktoberfest.. Was funny as there was only like 4 storm fans there. I wanted the storm to win and deadset thought there was going to be a riot at one stage. Then in the beer halls that day there was a blow wearing his eels jersey who copped it all day from the fanatics tour which we were both on which was funny.

People wearing fanatics gear should have no right to give it to anyone else, ever!

Lets got to a Bavarian festival wearing our bright yellow shirts, with a nice big advertisement on the back and makes dicks of ourselves.

You dont know how much the locals despise you fools.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Watched some footy in unusal places, however probably my favourite publican was a bloke in Prague. Made sure we saw the footy finals this year while relegating the Victorians to the smaller tv to watch the fumble ball.

Fatboys in Prague, if you ever need a footy fix just ask him and he will do his best to find something through satelite or the net.

I remember watching the Men's Singles Final at Wimbledon a few years ago (probably about 06) and there was a bloke in a Knights jersey sitting right behind one of the corners of the court. Got on tv every time a player served from that corner.

There was an episode of Selling Houses Australia on the Lifestyle Channel the other day with this family looking through a house and one kid had a Manly jersey, one had a Sharks jersey (both those crappy Classic cheap ones) and the dad had a Raiders hat on. Not so strange because it was in Sydney but a weird family.

On the sequel to Once Were Warriors the family is at home and there's an old Auckland RL game on the telly.

I also always remember this kids show from whan I was maybe 10 or something from NZ that we used to watch, mostly to make fun of the accents, and the episode was about the rag-tag bunch of kids from this school playing soccer against this gun side from another school. The teacher suggests this guy should coach them, I think he was the groundsman or something, this Maori guy, and he said something like "I don't know much about soccer. I play rugby league". As a kid I thought that was choice.

Special K

Coach
People wearing fanatics gear should have no right to give it to anyone else, ever!

Lets got to a Bavarian festival wearing our bright yellow shirts, with a nice big advertisement on the back and makes dicks of ourselves.

You dont know how much the locals despise you fools.
I must of been hanging around different locals than you :sarcasm:

Green Machine

First Grade
There was an episode of Selling Houses Australia on the Lifestyle Channel the other day with this family looking through a house and one kid had a Manly jersey, one had a Sharks jersey (both those crappy Classic cheap ones) and the dad had a Raiders hat on. Not so strange because it was in Sydney but a weird family.
It was in the Canberra suburb of Gowrie. Bloody kids showing no loyalty,

Green Machine

First Grade
Yep, thats Knowsley Rd... probably the worst football ground I have had the pleasure of visiting.
I’ve been there once for a match. I saw the Kangaroos play St Helens there in 1994. It was the best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a Rugby League match (especially after the Saints scored). It was pretty run down back in 1994. Not sure if next year is the last season at Knowsley Road before they move into their new stadium,

Green Machine

First Grade
In the movie "The Full Monty", one of the guys wore a Sheffield Eagles jersey.
Back in the 80’s, John Cusack was in a film called “The Sure Thing” and in one scene he was wearing a Kangaroos jersey.
For all those old enough to remember Cold Chisel in the 70’s, one of them used to wear a junior league jersey. I can’t remember who it was. Could have been Ian Moss or Phil Small,

innsaneink

Referee
In the movie "The Full Monty", one of the guys wore a Sheffield Eagles jersey.
Back in the 80’s, John Cusack was in a film called “The Sure Thing” and in one scene he was wearing a Kangaroos jersey.
For all those old enough to remember Cold Chisel in the 70’s, one of them used to wear a junior league jersey. I can’t remember who it was. Could have been Ian Moss or Phil Small,

It was Jimmy... ''You got nothin I want"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6NOIeziQQ

Was just watchin american chopper....the slobby kid michael I thinks his name had his south sydney hoodie on in the episode

nqcowboy87

Bench
i was just watching lost season 1 and in the episode 15 raised by another, claire the pregnat chick (emilie de ravin) is living with her boyfriend (kier o'donnell the weird kid from wedding crashers) and he has a broncos poster on the wall