What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Spotters Thread

CC_Roosters

First Grade
i see loads of league gear in belfast, which is strange given there is very little league played here. just in the last weeks i can recall seeing- a roosters jersey, QLD SoO jersey twice, a storm jacket, st. george hat, penrith jacket, leigh jersey, wigan jersey, a widnes hoody and a rhinos hoody. not bad for a non RL playing city:cool:

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Was just watchin american chopper....the slobby kid michael I thinks his name had his south sydney hoodie on in the episode
I saw the episodes where they came to Australia, Russell Crowe invited them to train with Souths and then gave them jerseys and stuff. So they ended up doing a big bike show thing at Homebush, I think it was Homebush. Paul jnr thought he'd impress the locals by walking out on stage in a Souths Jersey, everyone booed, he eventually figured it out and took the jersey off.:D

ali

Bench
i see loads of league gear in belfast, which is strange given there is very little league played here. just in the last weeks i can recall seeing- a roosters jersey, QLD SoO jersey twice, a storm jacket, st. george hat, penrith jacket, leigh jersey, wigan jersey, a widnes hoody and a rhinos hoody. not bad for a non RL playing city:cool:

I'm not sure about Belfast, but there is a couple of shops further south in Ireland that sell discounted Rugby League gear. When I went over there for an oztag festival last year there was a surprising number of people wearing random Rugby League jerseys. There was even a whole team wearing Warrington jerseys, which apparently they had bought very cheaply.

On another trip to Ireland, I saw a waiter in a thai restaurant wearing a centenary Kangaroos jersey. I never asked him where he got it, but maybe it also came from one of the Rugby shops.

My all time favourite strange places story would have to be stumbling across Challenge Cup final highlights whilst in a random bar in Costa Rica. Unfortunately the moment was ruined by an American lady suddenly asking "what's that strange game".

Wally TCPF

Juniors
i did the sounds of silence dinner at ayers rock last year and got sat at a table with a group of random people. One of the old blokes was a pom who loved rugby league and we spent the whole dinner (much to she who must be obeyeds disgust) talking about kangaroo tours and ellery hanley!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm not sure about Belfast, but there is a couple of shops further south in Ireland that sell discounted Rugby League gear. When I went over there for an oztag festival last year there was a surprising number of people wearing random Rugby League jerseys. There was even a whole team wearing Warrington jerseys, which apparently they had bought very cheaply.

On another trip to Ireland, I saw a waiter in a thai restaurant wearing a centenary Kangaroos jersey. I never asked him where he got it, but maybe it also came from one of the Rugby shops.

My all time favourite strange places story would have to be stumbling across Challenge Cup final highlights whilst in a random bar in Costa Rica. Unfortunately the moment was ruined by an American lady suddenly asking "what's that strange game".

There is a small but growing amateur game growing over here so that would probably explain the jerseys you saw. JJB stores periodically sell RL gear over here, mainly wigan, england and Ireland gear.

Costra rica is really random :shock:

The Tank

Bench
I saw a guy wearing a Kangaroos jersey during the Winter Olympics half-pipe coverage about a week back.

maccattack

Juniors
I live on the Peninsula in Melbourne and just this last week I saw a bloke wearing Bronco's shorts. He's building a stonewall fence at a house on our street. I also saw a bloke wearing a Rabbits cap at our local shops about 2 days ago.

Not a massive contribution but nice to see anyway.

maccattack

Juniors
I've just started watching a DVD on painting in oil and to my suprise I see a guy wearing a Steeden t-shirt. LOL.

The DVD was filmed in the UK by the way...

Last edited:

bluntD

Juniors
I remember watching a couple of years ago the UK version of The Apprentice with Alan Sugar & I think one of the contestants was wearing a NSW jersey.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i was readin a paper from last week at the libary after work today and there was a photo of texas convicted murderer gabe watson with a souths cap on, rusty must be proud

Didgi

i was readin a paper from last week at the libary after work today and there was a photo of texas convicted murderer gabe watson with a souths cap on, rusty must be proud

260885-gabe-wtason-does-macbeth.jpg

saintania

Juniors
Mum was wearing a Saints hat in one of the University towns in England. Hopped on a train and saw a guy wearing a Saints jersey, they had a little chat.

Latest posts