What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rule changes for 2010 ?

nrlnrl

First Grade
I'm not suggesting there need to be any, but am interested in people's thoughts on this. eg - are you happy with 2 refs, does the interchange need further tweaking or is there anything else that might be worth trialling in Toyota Cup ?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id like to see the return of the quick tap, an actual quick tap. Never mind if the defencive line isnt ready, thats their fault for kicking into touch dead.

I also think that a 50/10, 30/30, 20/40 and a 10/50 should have the same result as a 40/20. Its the same distance and can be a real momentum turner. IMO, the 40/20 rule is the greatest rule in the game.

But If I had one wish, it would be friggin consistancy. CONSISTANCY!!

Blind Freddy

Juniors
-No six more tackles off a charge down.

-No more kicking for touch off "the softer" penalties. Reduces the cost of a dud ref call (which there are many of)

-The need to actually ground the ball with your hands only (none of this torso crap) and in control of the ball.

aussies1st

Staff member
Get rid of the separation rule, if you lose control of the ball that's the end of it.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
I would like to see
- the Refs to shut up and just Ref rather then talking the players through the game
- Dummy half forward passes to be stamped out
- Refs not to let players walk off the mark
- Bring back quick taps
- Do something about the floppy corner posts
- Get rid of the separation rule
- Touchies, what are they there for?
- Sort out a better grading system
- Sort out the 3rd refs

trudge

Bench
If the ball is out STOP the clock.

Give the fans 80 mins worth not 65.
It'll stretch out the ad revenue for TV.
It'll bring back attrition to the fitter team.

Danish

Referee
considering every rule change that has happened over the last decade which fans, coaches and media personalities alike screamed for have been a complete and utter failure, which those same morons screamed to have changed once they saw what an unworkable mess they were in practice, I vote that all rule changes be banned.

Seriously, the game wasn't toyed with for 20 years until Super League and the NRL. Now it seems like there are rule changes every year and they all suck.

in the words of that britney spears fan, LEAVE THE NRL ALONE!!!

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If you catch the ball from a kick, kicked from outside your 20m, inside your 10m. You get a free kick (tap) from the spot you caught it which can be played on quickly. It would reduce the bomb and hope tactic and reward a good tough catch under pressure.

Stripping is allowed as long as the player still has forward momentum.

Getting caught with the ball from dummy half in the attacking half of the field is a changeover.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon 40/20 should be extended to 50/10 as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One other thing I'd like to see is the addressing of players. Referees should only be allowed to refer to players by number [x] [jersey colour]

i.e. instead of "Hindy mate, you're offside" - try "Number 11 Yellow - offside".

Only address captains by name if you're talking face to face with them.