What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule tweaks incoming?

Contact sports will exist, they will adjust, even if ultimately they have to get their legal teams involved and structure contracts in such a way that the players sign waivers on the basis that the best practices/equipment etc. of the day is being used.

Nah. They'll get the legal teams to make submissions to the referee on who should win the game, and the referee will then award the game to one side after considering the submissions. Each teams gets 35 minutes for its presentation, leaving the referee 10 minutes to ask any questions and then read out his/her decision on why the team won.

It'd be brilliant entertainment :p

T-Boon

Coach
Agree with this. If you ban the kick off, do you then get rid of penalty taps so a prop can’t have a run up, do you also ban long kicks in general play so that a fullback can’t steam it back at 100 mile an hour?
I posted the below elsewhere on my view of the only real fix (other than becoming a non-contact sport)….
Kick off is a harder collision that those others you mentioned as the runner and the defence are running at each other at kick offs.

T-Boon

Coach
The knights under 19s captain was knocked out cold from a kick off a few weeks ago.

no name

Coach

So Annesley has said they got the Haumole try wrong and warned players about laying down. Did he mention anything about the high shot on Wayde Egan being let go?

Nutz

Bench
Contact sports will exist, they will adjust, even if ultimately they have to get their legal teams involved and structure contracts in such a way that the players sign waivers on the basis that the best practices/equipment etc. of the day is being used.
How do boxing and UFC get around legal action?
Do they sign indemnify forms to say they can't sue. If that's the case, I read somewhere that indemnity doesn't hold up in court.

Nutz

Bench
Let's check back in on this comment in 100 yrs.

I'm betting you're bang on the money.
For the coin toss the coin will have to be made from soft sponge otherwise someone could lose an eye.
Anyway, there are so many variables on how to injure someone and just as much to prevent injuries from happening.

How do boxing and UFC get around legal action?
Do they sign indemnify forms to say they can't sue. If that's the case, I read somewhere that indemnity doesn't hold up in court.
Paul Kent (sorry to quote him) says boxers can’t go near the ring for three months if they’ve been concussed. Don’t know how much that would protect the association as so much other shit can go wrong like a ref lets a bout go on too long when one combatant is clearly done, for example

Nutz

Bench
Paul Kent (sorry to quote him) says boxers can’t go near the ring for three months if they’ve been concussed. Don’t know how much that would protect the association as so much other shit can go wrong like a ref lets a bout go on too long when one combatant is clearly done for example
I didn't know that.
But surely boxing is more dangerous to mental health than the NRL. Look at Ali.
A bit of trivia..... Apparently bare knuckle boxing is less likely to cause brain trauma than wearing gloves. Gloves can cause the brain to impact the inside of the skull more bla bla bla.

I didn't know that.
But surely boxing is more dangerous to mental health than the NRL. Look at Ali.
A bit of trivia..... Apparently bare knuckle boxing is less likely to cause brain trauma than wearing gloves. Gloves can cause the brain to impact the inside of the skull more bla bla bla.
Apparently the puncher hurt his hands as much as the punchee got hurt in bare knuckle fights. With gloves, you could punch harder because your fist was protected lol

Latest posts