What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule tweaks incoming?

simmo05

Bench
Roosters got hammered last night ? lol

Annesley has failed at everything he has done from political to Gold Coast boss he should be sacked as refs boss

I’m almost a fan of getting rid of the bunker totally too and let the on field ref just mistakes

Refs shouldn’t look for penalties if it’s not blatant let it go

Half the time you can’t even tell what the penalty is for

The game is way over officiated
All the video ref has done is destroy the fabric of the game. There were no 80 minute front rowers before the video ref and all its stoppages came into the game.

I'm happy for it to be scrapped and only used for a captains challenge. In that way it is for howlers only, not general shit that cannot be seen with the naked eye

Chins get the wins

First Grade
All the video ref has done is destroy the fabric of the game. There were no 80 minute front rowers before the video ref and all its stoppages came into the game.

I'm happy for it to be scrapped and only used for a captains challenge. In that way it is for howlers only, not general shit that cannot be seen with the naked eye
Yeah nothing to do with the former players working 40-50 hours a week on a job site, smoking 2 packs a day and downing 15 schooner a night......it's all the video ref

Someguy

First Grade
The kick off (long) won't be banned.

But punishments for high contact will be increased. The contact from NAS didn't look bad on camera but the speed they are going at makes it 10x worse.

Expect grade 3 to be the minimum going into 2025 for high contact from kick offs. Send offs mandatory.

no chance that will last for more than a month.

Fangs

Coach
no chance that will last for more than a month.

I disagree.

It's not a typical crackdown on playing the ball with the foot, downtown, blockers etc. Anything to do with concussion will get megaphone media coverage and the NRL will act.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I'd expect in the next year or 2 the NRL will adopt something similar to the NFL's new kick off rules. The kicker still kicks from halfway, but the rest of the team on the 30m line and can't move until the ball is caught/hits the ground.
How do you get the ball back from a short restart then?

Valheru

Coach
Some clubs only use there interchange players for 10 or 20 minutes a game now.. increasing the bench to 6 there would be some professional seat warmers, be pointless.
Why is that an issue?

They should increase the bench to 8 IMO but still maintain 8 interchanges

Gives the coaches flexibility to cover all positions on the bench.

Wb1234

Immortal
Why is that an issue?

They should increase the bench to 8 IMO but still maintain 8 interchanges

Gives the coaches flexibility to cover all positions on the bench.
Carrying a reserve half back is an interesting thing

I don’t mind the idea you have posted above

Latest posts