What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

lasir

Juniors
Sooo according to ata hinganos 9 year old sister whose is taught by one of my teacher mates, the family might be moving to Canberra.

Prob bull though.
Another rumor just posted on the other forum suggests Josh Pappalii is coming here? Possibly Canberra looking to manage cap space and a trade of sorts

Another rumor just posted on the other forum suggests Josh Pappalii is coming here? Possibly Canberra looking to manage cap space and a trade of sorts
Interesting since he choose Qld over Kiwis, doesn't fit the current recrutirec policy! :)
But need a solid forward.

Lisone I wouldn't miss; Afoa I would. Hope it isn't Hingano.

Afoa has yet to convince me he's worth the time to develop/chance on.

I was deflated when we lost Toa Sipley. I saw (We all did) how good he was in his limited time. Manly have picked up a real gem.

Hingano for Papaili to me we got the better deal. Hingano is a good player and will get better if he takes his trade elsewhere (I like him) BUT we are in dire need of Forwards. And Josh Papaili when on song can be devasting go forward type of player we need to stock that front engine.

Rich102

Staff member
Interesting piece on NRL 360 this week. It was asserted that we chased Josh Hodson very hard, even though he is still under contract, which suggests Isaac would have been out the door. Be interesting to see how Isaac reacts.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Interesting piece on NRL 360 this week. It was asserted that we chased Josh Hodson very hard, even though he is still under contract, which suggests Isaac would have been out the door. Be interesting to see how Isaac reacts.

That rumour was doing the rounds prior to his WC injury.

Since then we've moved onto having a look at Jake Granville.

jaseg

Juniors
That rumour was doing the rounds prior to his WC injury.

Since then we've moved onto having a look at Jake Granville.

Christ, is it any wonder the best guys in our pathways want out? (Payne Haas, Etene Nanai... rumours of another at the end of the year, I forget the name right now..)

We have a potentially better version of Granville (very similar but can do it for 80) at the club, NRL ready and should be our starter, and just signed a longer term deal than I dared hope for (genuinely thought he was gone at the end of 2018). The only knock on him is injury proneness, but you often see that with young guys coming through and it sorts itself out in time as their bodies mature (Benji, SBW anyone?) - in the meantime we've got Luke and Cherrington to cover.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Christ, is it any wonder the best guys in our pathways want out? (Payne Haas, Etene Nanai... rumours of another at the end of the year, I forget the name right now..)

We have a potentially better version of Granville (very similar but can do it for 80) at the club, NRL ready and should be our starter, and just signed a longer term deal than I dared hope for (genuinely thought he was gone at the end of 2018). The only knock on him is injury proneness, but you often see that with young guys coming through and it sorts itself out in time as their bodies mature (Benji, SBW anyone?) - in the meantime we've got Luke and Cherrington to cover.

The thought is that Roache isn't ready for 80 minutes so a second hooker (preferably experienced) is required.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

That's the issue though Jase, our ability or lack thereof of upskilling players to become NRL quality is absolutely atrocious. There's no point having Etene Nanai or Payne Haas (dunno him) in our system. They won't get better. No one does. They want out because they see fellow youngsters not getting better, not getting game time like Tof then splitting. Why waste time in the system when you can go to Australia now and get on with building your career, or rugby in Nanai's case.

Instead of moulding these guys and Roache into genuine NRL players, we buy decent enough players like Hiku, Green etc who are already at their potential. A good system could mould our young talent into the level and above of those guys, saving us cash and making us an attractive proposition....but alas.

Latest posts