What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
Herbert played last week, has reported the incident to the police and the Warriors/NRL. Must be something pretty minor, I'm guessing a push and shove which only had traction because he's "high profile."

Iron Lion

Juniors
The accusation was quite serious (Russel Packer serious). If true he could even face a potential life ban from the game.

Given the severity of the penalty if true and the fallout for the Warriors they must have contacted the 'other person' and cleared Herbert given he is still being named in the team to play 2nd week running.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Not a rumour, but Glen Fisiiahi is back playing league with Ellerslie Eagles.

Sounds like he's had a few injuries over the years but still as fast as ever.

I was always a fan of him, would love to see him back in the Warriors colours. Would be a good back up option imo

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I was always a fan of him, would love to see him back in the Warriors colours. Would be a good back up option imo

If he’s filled out a bit and toughened up he could be worth a look. Does happen that way sometimes with young blokes who are injury prone early. One thing we do miss is some express pace.

No thanks. He is light years away from NRL ready now. We have way more rounded options available to take up a wing or center spot. ESL perhaps?

Big Marn

Juniors
No thanks. He is light years away from NRL ready now. We have way more rounded options available to take up a wing or center spot. ESL perhaps?
ESL would be a good start. If he can stay uninjured over there for a season, he might be able to come back to the NRL.

Speed is always coveted by coaches. Its the injury history thats the main concern with him. Plus i cant recall what his D was like. Below average?

I know that he would have scored that try on the weekend where Ken got run down by the tigers player.
Its all the other attributes required to be successful at NRL level that are questionable for Glen. Its not like we dont already have enough players in the team that fall in that category. Do we really want another player like that?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Someone else mentioned that he sounded us out when he was dropped from Newcastle's round 1 team because he wants to come home.

Funny enough he was dropped because of his defence. Will fit right in here.

Wish we'd search for some outside backs with actual speed.

Someone else mentioned that he sounded us out when he was dropped from Newcastle's round 1 team because he wants to come home.

Funny enough he was dropped because of his defence. Will fit right in here.

Wish we'd search for some outside backs with actual speed.

Ese’ese is straight forward runner. By all means we need that sort of starch. Still young and he only went down hill with the Knights when his Dad passed away recently. I think we could also get him cheaper if he wants out of Knights to come home (Ala Hiku) Forwards will help us tremendously.

WellsNZ

Juniors

Choice! Live just down the road, might have to go watch him. Still have fond memories of the Fish.

BLN2

Juniors
Ese'ese was outstanding last year, the only forward who offered the Knights go forward last year. He's an ideal 13 or prop, if we got him for the loss of Gavet I'd say we would be winning comfortably (Gavet was apparently on $450kish this year if he stayed, Herman is rumoured to be on $500kish BTW)

Not sure how he fits in the current roster though, Papa is our future 13 surely, which means we're a ranging attacking second rower short IMO, not a middle forward. Can't believe we have Blair for another 2 seasons, he just doesn't offer enough on the field at his price. Be good for Burr's 30 minutes off the bench, but that's about it.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Ese'ese was outstanding last year, the only forward who offered the Knights go forward last year. He's an ideal 13 or prop, if we got him for the loss of Gavet I'd say we would be winning comfortably (Gavet was apparently on $450kish this year if he stayed, Herman is rumoured to be on $500kish BTW)

Not sure how he fits in the current roster though, Papa is our future 13 surely, which means we're a ranging attacking second rower short IMO, not a middle forward. Can't believe we have Blair for another 2 seasons, he just doesn't offer enough on the field at his price. Be good for Burr's 30 minutes off the bench, but that's about it.

A prop rotation of Paasi, Bunty, Ah Mau and Ese ese would be more than okay by me.

BLN2

Juniors
Getting Herman would keep Papa in the second row role, which is probably our best option currently (unless Pulu can get fitness and form).

Paasi
Luke
EseÉse
Harris
Papalii
Blair

Roache
Ah Mau
Afoa
Tevaga

Latest posts