What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

JJ

Immortal
Big difference there is Foran’s personal issues. As far as I know Sam has never had attitude/personal/professionalism issues.
He definitely got with the programme and slimmed down at Melbourne but injuries seemed to hobble him. That’s probably the question mark.
Yep 100% just meant he's not the player we like to remember

If the price was very low he's worth the risk but didn't work at Melbourne

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I’m not sure Melbourne was an outright failure- just an injury disrupted season and now they’ve got cap issues. I think he’s definitely a case of “if the price is right”.

Reactions: JJ

Rich102

Staff member

I think it would be fair to say he had more competition at Melbourne. Even on a bad day he has to have more upside than Lisone.

JJ

Immortal
I think it would be fair to say he had more competition at Melbourne. Even on a bad day he has to have more upside than Lisone.
Yep - would love a proper big man too, but jury's out on whether that's him

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I'm just worried for next year. If we're to run with 4 props, we'd be looking at Satae as out 4th. Only averaged 25 minutes, no line breaks, 0.5 tb, about 50m a game and only 2 offloads in 10 games

Still only young, but I don't think we can rely on someone like Satae to aim up for the whole season

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kasiano is the perfect example of how the obsession these days with players having to fit inside a certain body mould is detrimental to his game. At the size he was, he was extremely hard to handle and added plenty to his side, stripped back to the boring prototype body he lacks impact minus the extra size

Matulino too. Was most effective at his heaviest, I remember him saying he preferred playing with a bit of extra weight on him.

If a bloke just naturally carries a bit of extra weight, trimming down can mean a lot of effort that could be better expended on the field.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Suggestion on Aussie talkback that John Sutton may be a good fit at Warriors. No suggestion they’re looking at him, just if Souths are looking to offload and Warriors might like him as backup/utility

BLN2

Juniors
Don't see him even considering moving to NZ for a year or 2 at the end of his career. Could see him going to the Eels or something if Wayne doesn't want him though. Was great last season, would take him for cheap if he was an option. Would take the left edge pretty easily with Lil Papa being at lock next season, as well as being a half option if the young guys flop hard.

ashton

Juniors
Apparently Penrith has signed Uenuku Malesala from NZ what opinion do you have on him?
Also Penrith has signed a 19 year old front rower from NZ does anyone know anything about him?

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Reading that Tim Simona is attempting a comeback to the NRL, and that two teams are keen on him if the NRL allows it. He'd have been at the Tigers under Todd Payten, I wonder if we're one of the interested clubs...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Reading that Tim Simona is attempting a comeback to the NRL, and that two teams are keen on him if the NRL allows it. He'd have been at the Tigers under Todd Payten, I wonder if we're one of the interested clubs...
I think we hit our quota of troubled centres when we signed Taane Milne. Can't see Simona coming here

x2 Forwards (Good ones) and an experience option in halves possibly if the juniors fail to fire.

We have a pretty good stock of centres currently. It's awesome to see our various options slowly building quietly in the background.

Matua

Bench
x2 Forwards (Good ones) and an experience option in halves possibly if the juniors fail to fire.

We have a pretty good stock of centres currently. It's awesome to see our various options slowly building quietly in the background.
It doesn't matter how good a stock of centres we have when Solomone Kata-Kearney Jr is in the team with guaranteed selection every week.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If Blake Green is Kakariki then Kata-Kearney jnr is kaka. Just plain kaka. Because in Kearneys universe called the process, there needs to be a balance, and so we can't be strong in all areas. We need to have a weakness and thats where Solomone Kaka comes in. Balance!

Speaking of balance - why are we looking for centres? we need props and halves, not centres.

Latest posts