What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
SJ, Asi, Volkman, Metcalf, CHT. Theoretically we could keep all 5.

I have a feeling once CHT is back Asi will be trialled in the centres. I don't think he was brought here as a long term half, moreso cover to get Kodi off the books mid season.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I have a feeling once CHT is back Asi will be trialled in the centres. I don't think he was brought here as a long term half, moreso cover to get Kodi off the books mid season.
If that works then hell yeah. Best of all worlds.

jaseg

Juniors

Volkman makes sense, with us already having signed him for next year and Kodi/Taylor both now gone.

Why Lussick? I know they would've viewed Kodi as one of the emergency dummy half options, but surely if they were happy carrying just Egan & Otukolo plus halves/backrowers as backups for this season and last they wouldn't need to recruit a guy that hasn't really shown much and as far as I know doesn't play any other positions?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Taken from the bottom of this article:

"Souths are closing in on the signature of Kodi Nikorima for this year and with an option in his favour for 2023. The Warriors were initially interested in a player swap, with Siliva Havili one player on the Warriors’ radar, only for Souths to show little interest in cutting him loose."

Another weird target, wouldn't have thought Havili plugs any of our gaps right now.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
If Egan were to go down now, how confident would we all be with a 5 gamer as our main hooker with only Jazz as cover?
What if he goes down the next week haha.

I wasn’t sold on the Lussick/Havali talk but we certainly need something there as back up, now that our back up is gone.

Eeek, there’s talk of Jeremy Marshall-King in the mix now too…

jaseg

Juniors
Dunno why the Dogs would let Marshall-King go when he's actually played some decent footy recently (and their other hooker options seem pretty shit). Always liked Havili from juniors here, wouldn't have minded that one. Lussick... hasn't looked good any time I've seen him. I'd rather just see Otukolo get that time at dummy half.

Sanchez

Coach
Does anyone here have any team sources left? Just really struggling with whats the reasoning behind Euan Aitken not even shifting to centre in games when people get injured? Its really bugging me

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Is that you Tony Kemp ? He was on the radio this morning saying Asi is a centre

Grizzman

Juniors
Is that you Tony Kemp ? He was on the radio this morning saying Asi is a centre
Its not often I agree with Tony Kemp and its usually reluctantly, but I think Asi will find himself at centre pretty soon, particularly with the Volkman early release and the abominable form of the current crew. He looks strong defensively and there is nothing wrong with a ball playing centre. Other clubs have them!

Campion

Juniors
I'd be putting Asi and Aitken as centers. Brown keeps lamenting the 'inexperienced outside backs'. YOU chose to put Aitken not at centre. Wear it. (and now change it)

JJ

Immortal
I like Jack but I think I like him better playing for someone else.
It's more the 'not playing' component that comes with him that's the issue

As an aside, I am loving the (as I see it) irony in Adam Blair calling them out on TV... quality stuff