What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's more the 'not playing' component that comes with him that's the issue

As an aside, I am loving the (as I see it) irony in Adam Blair calling them out on TV... quality stuff
Isn't it hilarious? Adam Blair is atrocious on TV. And hypocritical. We remember when you gave no f**ks in the 2017 World Cup, pal. Oh and for Wests. And for us. And some of the time for Brisbane.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Glad we dont get that show here in Oz. I'd need a new TV and a new window
If you lived somewhere tropical, you'd never replace the window. No point in rebreaking it week after week, listening to Adam Blair's biased rubbish, *insert female panel member here who offers so very little* and Goran Paladin talking like a parody of a good ol' Kiwi bloke.

I don't tend to watch anymore. It's so hopeless. A guy who played 300 NRL games and Betham who without Googling must've played 200 or so, and the insight into the contest is just so threadbare. Blah blah effort, blah line speed, rah rah what did they say in the sheds at halftime etc.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If you lived somewhere tropical, you'd never replace the window. No point in rebreaking it week after week, listening to Adam Blair's biased rubbish, *insert female panel member here who offers so very little* and Goran Paladin talking like a parody of a good ol' Kiwi bloke.

I don't tend to watch anymore. It's so hopeless. A guy who played 300 NRL games and Betham who without Googling must've played 200 or so, and the insight into the contest is just so threadbare. Blah blah effort, blah line speed, rah rah what did they say in the sheds at halftime etc.
Yes, yes, yes

it is absolute garbage and it pains me that Sky pay these clowns coin to produce that rather than the professional Aussie coverage is on offer. Even worse is when the Warriors play at 5pm Saturday so instead of buildup to the next game we have them gibbering for an extra half hour

hard to believe they spend money getting Halligan to fly around Aussie to all the games too

JJ

Immortal
Blair must be a really smart guy, for 10 years or so he's managed to get people to pay him large amounts of money to deliver absolute garbage... politics next?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yes, yes, yes

it is absolute garbage and it pains me that Sky pay these clowns coin to produce that rather than the professional Aussie coverage is on offer. Even worse is when the Warriors play at 5pm Saturday so instead of buildup to the next game we have them gibbering for an extra half hour

hard to believe they spend money getting Halligan to fly around Aussie to all the games too
I hear you brother. SKY has always been jobs for the boys - which explains why these guys get to continue to work. Halligan is not only hopeless, he also has conflict of interests given he is the Warriors' kicking coach, is he not? And it really shits me about the female thing. There are very good female broadcasters in our country - Rikki Swannell, Kirsty Stanaway, Oliver-Kerby is good etc. Frankie McKay goes good on cricket. But these league women, they're there on tokenism and that does less for 'women's rights' in representation than actually having no one.

I guess the low level of analysis and rubbish is symptomatic of what they think the majority of their viewing audience want/need to follow it. I wish they wouldn't dumb it down. Get someone who is articulate - even if that person isn't a former player. Clearly having played the game 300 times doesn't matter a jot in regards to being able to dissect it and inform the viewers.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Blair must be a really smart guy, for 10 years or so he's managed to get people to pay him large amounts of money to deliver absolute garbage... politics next?
He's lazy. Not a leader. Was great at the Storm, then carried that reputation for 10 more years without enhancing it. Had a decent run at the Broncos, but only ever performs or really even tries that hard in strong environments where he can go with the flow of everyone else. Never sets the example for others. Terrible Kiwis captain.

Meth

Staff member

Scott

Bench
CHT - they have obviously offered him a spot - take it or leave it. We have SJ, Metcalf, Volkman & Asi currently contracted for next year. I would prefer he sticks around and fights for a spot. If he chooses not to, so be it.

Lodge - I think we all realised he won't be here next year. Big big loss for the rest of this year though. He is one of a very very small group that gives his all on the field.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
CHT - they have obviously offered him a spot - take it or leave it. We have SJ, Metcalf, Volkman & Asi currently contracted for next year. I would prefer he sticks around and fights for a spot. If he chooses not to, so be it.

Lodge - I think we all realised he won't be here next year. Big big loss for the rest of this year though. He is one of a very very small group that gives his all on the field.
Agree re lodge

One small minor detail, Asi isn't signed beyond this year.....yet.

TheDMC

Bench
Why let him go midway through the season? This is just another nail in the season coffin. One of our best players. The warriors team is changing way too much in recent years - which makes it impossible to really get consistency and combos....the club is a write off at the moment.