What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour #2756

_Johnsy

Referee
I heard another one today, I have to say I was expecting more of these about brownies tenure as HC, with our usual great start to the season.

Brownie is as good as gone. Replacement wll be Daniel ANDERSON

dragonsoul

Juniors
gee,i Hope So We Need Someone Like Him.even If We Do Win On Friday Night Nathen Has To Go And He Should Take Doust With Him .we Need A 5/8?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
A positive move if it occurs.

New blood in the club is definately needed and a lot of it at Coach/Board level.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Drew-Sta said:
A positive move if it occurs.

New blood in the club is definately needed and a lot of it at Coach/Board level.

Someone outside the Saints / Steelers succcess vacuum would be good.

drake

First Grade
I was hoping for John Lang, personally.

But if Neo can do the job, I'm happy.

_Johnsy

Referee
As much as I love browny, i have to admit the thougt of new blood is one that excites me. Please foryour own safety and my reputation stay at least 5m away if I get excited :oops:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Someone outside the Saints / Steelers succcess vacuum would be good.

This is the best summation of the situation I've heard

We definitely need some outside help. Not someone whose only experience is the current environment. Can't say I'm entirely sold yet on Neo (love the nickname btw Drake) as the potential new coach, but it is an intriguing prospect.

If Brown steps down/is forced out - who would other potential replacements be?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
John Lang, Phil Gould, Warren Ryan are all viable candidates in my opinion.

I'd love to see Waite back, but he would also be part of that 'vacuum' in a way.

Father Ted

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
John Lang, Phil Gould, Warren Ryan are all viable candidates in my opinion.

I'd love to see Waite back, but he would also be part of that 'vacuum' in a way.

Phil Gould is under contract to channel 9 I think at the moment .I'd go Warren Ryan for two years only , just time enough to get back to basics and discipline as a key to success .

_Johnsy

Referee
Warren Ryan has one of the greatest football brains, much akin to Phil Gould, Jack Gibson. I think wok would do well, although tbh I can't see him keen to take it on.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Father Ted said:
Phil Gould is under contract to channel 9 I think at the moment .I'd go Warren Ryan for two years only , just time enough to get back to basics and discipline as a key to success .

Out of curiosity; Who would you take after Warren Ryan's 2 years?

Goulds contract means he is a no-go whilst still commentating too, so that rules him out.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Yeah - Ryan is a consultant for the Raiders on top of his ABC commitments.
It would be great if he got the job - he does have a great footy head.
Youre right though Father - I dont see him as a long term solution.

I think the biggest problem signing someone like Ryan, Gould etc, is that they'd wanna bring ideas and stuff to the club that may be in stark contrast to those in the front offices. I think the powers that be prefer having someone they can more easily control.

W.Smith

Juniors
juanfarkall said:
I recall some talk that Wok was under contract to Canberra as a consultant for this season.

Thats as I believe too Juan, apparently he cant even consult with any club other than the Raiders, Im pretty sure he has also played a part in mentoring Browny, I could be wrong though

Personally Im a huge Gus Gould fan, always have been, but alas when I saw him start introducing and talking up coming shows on Channel 9 I gave up any hope of him taking the reins

big pat

Coach
there cant be too many good coaches out there... everyone keeps mentioning ryan and gould thats never going to happen, apart from john lang who else is there. what about tony smith he has some success in england, i heard he put his hat into the ring for the england job but dont know how he went.

W.Smith

Juniors
Tony Smith got the GB job and makes his debut v France at Headingly in June according to Rugby League Review - best magazine EVER !