What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Sam Williams signed for 2 years a

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
Strong mail Sam Williams has signed for 2 years starting this season

Rumour : twitter

I've got a twitter post also saying this is true

@JRizky85: The talk is getting louder, St George Illawarra Dragons have signed a halfback on a 2 year deal starting this season!

@JRizky85: @JRizky85 it's Sam Williams done!

TheRev

First Grade
Hearing the same, question is how fast can he get into our 1st grade squad??

TheRev

First Grade
Parramatta deliberately made their announcement 'just before' Origin to minimise press-time, im sure the opposite would be true with a Dragons halves signing :p

emack

Juniors
Not quite sure, but don't think we can release Soward unless he agrees to go?? Penrith have already stated that they don't want him this year, so why would Soward agree to a release and thus forgo his contract payments for the rest of the year? Looks like he'll be the highest paid cutters player for the rest of the year??!!

Steelman

Juniors
I have stated all along that Williams was the dragons number one target for half back but didn't think he was available until 2014. And once again Rangi is still on the radar as well believe it or not

saints4ever

First Grade
Id be pissed if I was Drinkwater. Cant even crack a spot when the five eighth gets punted. Then to supposedly get a new half that's running around nsw cup lol

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Id be pissed if I was Drinkwater. Cant even crack a spot when the five eighth gets punted. Then to supposedly get a new half that's running around nsw cup lol

Why? Did Drinkwater expect to just walk right into first grade? He's been playing sh*t therefore he plays reserve grade

TheRev

First Grade
I have stated all along that Williams was the dragons number one target for half back but didn't think he was available until 2014. And once again Rangi is still on the radar as well believe it or not
It would be crazy to think after the last 2 years that we could have 3 capable halves in 1 club... id rather have spent the money on forwards but not complaining.. gives us flexibility and one of them will go to centre id imagine.

Yep the 2 players who should be most cranky are DW & Vaivai, Vaivai cant do much more and obviously is not in Prices sites and DW well but there was a perfect opportunity to trial him this year and they have ignored it and gone to great length to sign someone else.. maybe he will be happy to be backup and toil away in reserve grade, hes probably not going to be sought after by other clubs on current form anyway, there isnt a massive halves shortage.

Steelman

Juniors

Dragons don't rate drinkwater he can't tackle and his 5th tackle kicking options r rubbish. There halfs the same age playing nrl light year's ahead of him. Example Sam Williams.