What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Sam Williams signed for 2 years a

Dragon Blood

Juniors
He was signed out of U20s as a player to develop, not as a first grader for this year. Is that so hard for people to understand?

The real problem is it is showing the huge gap that exists between the comps now as most guys who come out of under 20s are not near ready for NRL.

I agree, DW was a gun in the U20's comp but after watching him in several games at the Cutters on Fox1 I don't think the kid is ready for NRL just as yet. I think ....... Maybe just a possibility but Sowards dropping to the Cutters maybe an agreement With JS and 1/2 Price to get accustomed to a halves game plan for the rest of the season. Although I think Jamie has been off his game lately, the simple fact is that JS and Fein ain't working.

If I was THE chinless, I would rotate Fein and Rein, and rotate King and DW at halves with JS.
That way both younguns get the benefit of older heads.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Williams is a younger, slower version of Soward, with half the kicking ability.

I think it's an odd signing.

TheRev

Coach
Cant find any decent videos of Sam, tbh he hasnt exactly had a long career, cant really see a lot in the video above or how his defence is.

BennyV

Referee

Shows taht at least he runs the ball, even breaks the line in doing so! Plus the kick for the Ferguson try wasnt terrible (wasn't overly wonderful either)

Drinkwater needs to put in good performances consistently if he wants a first grade jersey. Next year he will have competition from Stanley on top of Williams and Widdop, and potentially even Crook...he needs to apply himself and FORCE his way in. It starts this year for him.

younan21

Juniors
@RugbyLeagueNews: St George Illawarra Dragons are set to announce the signing of Canberra Raiders halfback Sam Williams. #nrl

Coffs dragon

Bench
Last year we were suppose to be signing young half Jacob miller and ended up with josh (its a knockout) miller. Half price coach will probably now sign Richie Williams as half and stuff that up as well.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'll be pretty pumped if we sign him tbh. Kid can play, will need to work on his defence though

st.phil

Bench
Last year we were suppose to be signing young half Jacob miller and ended up with josh (its a knockout) miller. Half price coach will probably now sign Richie Williams as half and stuff that up as well.

Oh WHINGE WHINGE WHINE - for gods sake we have (apparently) just signed a very promising young half, that is exciting...that is a good thing. There is still light in the dark - just because we are losing games, unhappy with coach etc...must it dredge every ounce of hope and positivity out of the fans??

karuah6

Juniors
Oh WHINGE WHINGE WHINE - for gods sake we have (apparently) just signed a very promising young half, that is exciting...that is a good thing. There is still light in the dark - just because we are losing games, unhappy with coach etc...must it dredge every ounce of hope and positivity out of the fans??

Here here. Bloody hell there are people on this forum that only like to put s t on the coaching staff but never say any good things that the club is doing. Get a life.