What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
there was something on sports tonight at 5.30 right at the end saying the sharks have signed a new centre to replace Vagana but i didnt catch his name.......anyone see it???

innsaneink

Referee
Mitch Dogg said:
there was something on sports tonight at 5.30 right at the end saying the sharks have signed a new centre to replace Vagana but i didnt catch his name.......anyone see it???

Shane Elford.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mitch Dogg said:
Brett Delaney?

The Steve Simpson rumour to Manly was on 2GB yes, but it was by an old duck caller that "apparently" had inside knowledge within Manly. AS usual the boys didnt agree, nor disagree so until its announced it'd be very very surprised if manly could afford another $300,000-$400,000 player. Ive heard we are in negotiations with him, but unless we offer him a substantial amount over what Newcastle offer him we won't be signing him unfortunately. *Hoping for the best*

Inferno

Coach
Mitch Dogg said:

We have been talking to Delaney and are talking to Josh Hannay this weekend, nothing confirmed yet though.

Iafeta

Referee
Elford I think is out of the Warrior's mindset.

Lett is a very real chance.

------

Pace is next on the recruitment agenda, but while players such as the former Queensland wing Chris Walker and Wests Tigers' premiership winner Shane Elford remain on the market, the Sunday Star-Times understands the Warriors are looking at Roosters' teenager Michael Lett for the vacancy.

Lett, a 19-year-old wing, is a former Australian Schoolboys player who played three first grade games last year, and the Warriors are assessing his potential to break through. They had also considered St George Illawarra fullback Jason Nightingale before he re-signed with the Dragons.

"We're looking for someone with a bit of speed - ideally someone who can play a few different positions (in the backline)," said coach Ivan Cleary. "At this stage, we might need one or two (more signings), but we won't rush into anything."

www.stuff.co.nz

BrisVegas

Juniors
The Gold Coast Titans will announce the signings of Brett Delaney (Parramatta) & Gavin Cooper (Cowboys) this week, both are done deals.

Nate Myles is flying up to the Gold Coast with his manager to have face-to-face talks with the Titans this week. The Titans have stated that they do not have the salary cap space to enter into a bidding war for him, but will talk up the appeal of being a part of a start-up club, moving back closer to his family and the Gold Coast lifestyle.

Disco

Bench
Simpson > Manly rumour gaining momentum

Todays Herald states Simpson is set to activate the release clase in his contract to join Manly

Cletus

First Grade
Disco said:
Simpson > Manly rumour gaining momentum

Todays Herald states Simpson is set to activate the release clase in his contract to join Manly

Can he have a release if he wants? I seem to remember something about playing a certain number of SOO games or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts