What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Thread

clipser

Juniors
Theres no doubt in my mind that this "mail" is incorrect. We would be seriously killing any chance we have in the coming seasons by NOT signing Hodkinson. Unless of course we have something in our sights... still though. We must keep him!

Talons

Juniors
I'd be very surprised if Hodkinson jumped ship and signed with the dogs, they are still in negotiations with Kimmorley and have Barba on their books. Why would he give up a regular first grade gig at a Manly to get in a queue with a team that's struggling at the moment. ??

Last edited:

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I have heard the deal was done yesterday. Manly might not even know.
Lama Tasi had signed with the Roosters for 3 weeks before Manly knew about it.

The same source has told me that Dugan has signed with the Roosters & Folau has signed with the Rebels.

cupid

Juniors
Get a new source, he has been wrong on the last two occasions, and I highly doubt your source knows about all the contracts in the NRL before anyone else.

Last edited:

cupid

Juniors
Refresh my memory what was wrong with
You previously stated the DCE had signed with Bulldogs and Foran was opting out of his contract. As I said I highly doubt your source knows about Trent, but some how the entire Manly orginisation knows jack sh*t.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
You previously stated the DCE had signed with Bulldogs and Foran was opting out of his contract. As I said I highly doubt your source knows about Trent, but some how the entire Manly orginisation knows jack sh*t.

Daly signed with the Dogs a week before Orford announced he was going to England. Daly's manager sought a release.

If you don't believe me about that one ask DCE.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I heard he did agree to terms for a 3yo contract, but after that his English contract was increased and Manly agreed to let him go.

This was why DCE orginally signed with Dogs and was then released.

cupid

Juniors
I doubt the dogs would just release a player because they felt sorry about Ox leaving.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I can't recall saying Foran was opting out of his contract. Where is that posted ?

I have never had any mail on Foran. Like everyone else I heard all the rumours about him supposedly having signed with the Roosters.

Half of the rumours are BS. I only post what is being said.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I doubt the dogs would just release a player because they felt sorry about Ox leaving.

Clubs and player Agents have relationships. A club isn't going to get any cred if they don't do the right thing by the players. They didn't do for Manly's benefit they did it for DCE and his agent.

Last edited:

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Manly and Orford talking about a 1 year return in 2012.

Do you think Manly would even be considering this if they were resigning Hodkinson ?

cupid

Juniors
I saw Trent down at Dee Why a few nights ago , so I asked him about wether he was going to re-sign, he said his close to re-signing.

cupid

Juniors
I have heard the deal was done yesterday. Manly might not even know.
Lama Tasi had signed with the Roosters for 3 weeks before Manly knew about it.

The same source has told me that Dugan has signed with the Roosters & Folau has signed with the Rebels.
Israel Folau turns down rugby union offer

STATHI PAXINOS

May 30, 2010 - 6:55PM
EXCLUSIVE

THE race for Israel Folau's signature has become a battle between two football codes after the NRL superstar today turned down a massive offer to turn to rugby union.

Folau had been the centre of a three-way tug of way for his services next year with the 21-year-old fielding mega-dollar deals from the Melbourne Rebels, which will join an expanded Super rugby competition as its 15th team next year, and AFL's Greater Western Sydney. His NRL club Brisbane had also recently countered with an improved offer to keep him in rugby league.

However, Rebels acting chief executive Pat Wilson confirmed that he had been told by Folau's management that he would not be joining the club.
"I'm not sure if he's come to a final decision (as to where he will go) but he's not coming to Melbourne," Wilson said.
GWS chief executive Dale Holmes and coach Kevin Sheedy would not comment on today's development.

After a slow start to the season, which was also hampered by injury, Folau has been finding a rich vein of form in recent weeks and played well for Queensland in the Maroons' 28-24 win over NSW in the State Of Origin series opener last Wednesday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...0529-wmc0.html