What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUMOUR: Willie Mason a Tiger

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The culture at the Tigers is pretty strong with some pretty respected figures that have been there a long time.

This is the key point. Mason may have won spoons with his last three NRL clubs, but the Dogs and Roosters both had a rotten culture. Yes Mason was surely involved in it, but to say he was solely responsible for it is absolutely ridiculous. Friend, Carney, Myles etc. - you look at the types of human beings that the Dogs/Roosters had on their books at the time they won the spoon and little wonder they finished last. Different story with our current roster. The Cowboys on the other hand just had a very average squad. I thought Mason played alright with them and as far as I know wasn't involved in anything negative of note off the field.

sputneek

Juniors
Friend, Carney and Myles were all massive reasons as to why Easts made the GF the following year you fool.

N.C.

Juniors
sputneek, your love for Big Willie is starting to wear a little thin. Please leave quietly...

adamkungl

Immortal
This is the key point. Mason may have won spoons with his last three NRL clubs, but the Dogs and Roosters both had a rotten culture. Yes Mason was surely involved in it, but to say he was solely responsible for it is absolutely ridiculous. Friend, Carney, Myles etc. - you look at the types of human beings that the Dogs/Roosters had on their books at the time they won the spoon and little wonder they finished last. Different story with our current roster. The Cowboys on the other hand just had a very average squad. I thought Mason played alright with them and as far as I know wasn't involved in anything negative of note off the field.

Carney didn't play for us when we won the spoon.
Friend was an 18 year old rookie, hardly a massive influence.
Myles straddles the dickhead/talent line.

Mason was the only one who had rumours about match fixing floating around, was the only one discarded for being an unwanted influence...

Matchball

Bench

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
In this week's issiue of RLW in the mole section, there the heading "Wests Don't Want Willie".It Says. Despite the rumour mill going into overdrive in recent weeks, big Willie Mason will not be going to the Tigers. "We deont have the money or the room", coach Tim Sheens says. "I Haven't even spoken to Him."

Looks like there is our confirmation. Mason is not coming to the Tigers. Case closed.

nyx

Juniors
In this week's issiue of RLW in the mole section, there the heading "Wests Don't Want Willie".It Says. Despite the rumour mill going into overdrive in recent weeks, big Willie Mason will not be going to the Tigers. "We deont have the money or the room", coach Tim Sheens says. "I Haven't even spoken to Him."

Looks like there is our confirmation. Mason is not coming to the Tigers. Case closed.
The mole was the one spreading the 'Mason to Tigers' rumour on Twitter in the first place.

:lol:

Latest posts