What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Well she will be buying it with your life insurance ;-)

I agree the top one is the best of them. Too much bush around cahills and further from cronulla. That top one is close to cronulla but still on the quiet side of gunamatta

The bottom one has way too much going on

What I don't like about the Cronulla one is that it's nearly 5 million and yes you have beach access on the bay but any merkin can walk past your house and jump your back yard. It does however face west which apparently after North is the best aspect for waterfront. It does have a tennis court though.

The Burraneer property in Bulls Ave in my opinion is the the best deep waterfront street in the Shire. Street to water with minimal steps and no inclinator required.

Avenger

Immortal
That house is worth $35M in the eastern suburbs.

I know. Which is why I think the Sutherland Shire is good value. My dream would be a waterfront with good bones preferably built in the 80's around here. I'll renovate it. And a nice apartment on the Adriatic. Chasing the sun, no winter.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I know. Which is why I think the Sutherland Shire is good value. My dream would be a waterfront with good bones preferably built in the 80's around here. I'll renovate it. And a nice apartment on the Adriatic. Chasing the sun, no winter.

The compromise is that the Shire is 1,000 miles away. Hence why the house is cheap. If you had a business in the Shire, fine. Otherwise it's too far away for most people. Same goes with the Northern beaches.

I know people who have sold their digs in Vaucluse cos it's too far away. Life is too busy to spend hours a day commuting.

Gronk

Staff member

We're thinking of going to Croatia at the end of the year. Thoughts ? What do you think about driving from Belgrade to Debrovnik (sp) maybe via a ski resort in Bosnia or Slovenia ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wouldn't want a beachfront property, gets too windy at times plus the salt eats the shit out of everything,

A street or two back would be fine with me, and it's normally 50% cheaper.

Avenger

Immortal
The compromise is that the Shire is 1,000 miles away. Hence why the house is cheap. If you had a business in the Shire, fine. Otherwise it's too far away for most people. Same goes with the Northern beaches.

I know people who have sold their digs in Vaucluse cos it's too far away. Life is too busy to spend hours a day commuting.

That's assuming you work in the city. I do and it takes me 45 min in peak to get to work. Door to door.

Avenger

Immortal
We're thinking of going to Croatia at the end of the year. Thoughts ? What do you think about driving from Belgrade to Debrovnik (sp) maybe via a ski resort in Bosnia or Slovenia ?

In winter? Bosnia is fine for skiing. Check around Pale near Jahorina. Cheap and they had the winter Olympics there in 84.

uis-jahorina.jpg

Slovenia is a bit out of the way. If you are travelling to Dubrovnik from Belgrade, make sure you stop in at Trebinje. Its amazing.

PS In my humble opinion the former Yugoslavia including Serbia, Croatia and, Montenegro, Slovenia, Macedonia and BiH is the prettiest country in all of Europe. f**king merkins.!!! It had everything and they f**ked it.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Lol

I'm sure he will take his moral guidance from you like we all do in here.

How do you get to be tut self righteous?

Have you been to Phantom's academy? Or taken a PH.D. From sensei Bart?

Um all I said is that he should stick with the NFL.

Why do I get a spray ? You got your period ?

Gronk

Staff member
In winter? Bosnia is fine for skiing. Check around Pale near Jahorina. Cheap and they had the winter Olympics there in 84.

uis-jahorina.jpg

Slovenia is a bit out of the way. If you are travelling to Dubrovnik from Belgrade, make sure you stop in at Trebinje. Its amazing.

PS In my humble opinion the former Yugoslavia including Serbia, Croatia and, Montenegro, Slovenia, Macedonia and BiH is the prettiest country in all of Europe. f**king merkins.!!! It hads everything and they f**ked it.

Thanks. Google maps says that Sarajevo or Trebinje is only 4 hrs drive from my in-laws house in Serbia. Then Dubrovnik another 4 hours from there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

uis-jahorina.jpg

PS In my humble opinion the former Yugoslavia including Serbia, Croatia and, Montenegro, Slovenia, Macedonia and BiH is the prettiest country in all of Europe. f**king merkins.!!! It had everything and they f**ked it.

To be honest mate, mountainous places tend to be f**ked up, just as they tend to be beautiful. The reason is probably that they encourage the development of isolated societies in relatively close proximity, and thus grows distrust (the real reason for conflict).

yy_cheng

Coach
Wouldn't want a beachfront property, gets too windy at times plus the salt eats the shit out of everything,

A street or two back would be fine with me, and it's normally 50% cheaper.

Yes this is true. My bro has a beachfront property and even have a very tiny part of the beach on the title. But since there are no boundaries besides big boulders, anyone who gets injured on it could sue him I guess.

The salt is so true. It eats away at all the finishings and even the mortar between the bricks.

I used to live 5 min walk from the beach and never had any salt issues.

I now live on acreage and love it. Neighbours are far away and I dont need to lock doors when I am at home

Avenger

Immortal
Thanks. Google maps says that Sarajevo or Trebinje is only 4 hrs drive from my in-laws house in Serbia. Then Dubrovnik another 4 hours from there.

Trebinje is only a half hour drive to Dubrovnik. What town are the inlaws in?

Status
Not open for further replies.