What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incorrect

Coach
And gutherson . Ohhhh hang on that was BA. DA only involved in the bad signings.

In that case, we should now consider Chris Walker's stint at Parra a monumental success.... seeing as he was signed by Parra after DA was sacked in Sept 2010.... Walker was signed in Nov that year......

Carl Webb was signed early Sept 2010... In which case the board at the time should take the blame for his signing, if indeed it was DA that signed him. Why were they letting a coach they were about to sack make recruitment decisions I wonder??!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
In that case, we should now consider Chris Walker's stint at Parra a monumental success.... seeing as he was signed by Parra after DA was sacked in Sept 2010.... Walker was signed in Nov that year......

Carl Webb was signed early Sept 2010... In which case the board at the time should take the blame for his signing, if indeed it was DA that signed him. Why were they letting a coach they were about to sack make recruitment decisions I wonder??!!

Ask those in the know and they might be able to confirm DA was on thin ice earlier in 2010 than many think.
Having said that, Neither Webb nor Walker are the issue. Poore was poor (surely he was a DA?), and Mateo, Inu left a lot to be desired. Perhaps it was bad management by the coach?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok this is what I'll say about the matter...

I'm told that the Roberts signing at the Broncos may benefit us greatly, however there's a while to go yet, which could mean that BA and DA's Christmas holidays may be on hold for now...before we get too excited though. Gold Coast still have a massive hole in their cap that need to be filled whilst saints who were happy to put a decent bid in for Roberts still have a spot in their squad..
After what happened to the Hiku deal, anything short of a MR from the offices of the eels place headquarters doesn't constitute a done deal at the moment, however I am predicting that we will be heavily linked to at least 1 player soon.

If I get any further info and I'm able to post it I will...

Stagger eel

Staff member
You can relive the tension a little for now Suity, as for forward pass, I can't help the poor bugger he'll have to suck it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.