What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd prefer Lussick than JWH. Most of these so called Kiwi forwards are aggressive one week soft as a marshallow the next. Hence the Kiwis inconsitency at rep level, and the Warriors week to week and year to year in the NRL. Need some good old Aussie biff Lussick style. He comes across an Aussie hard arse in the mould of Paul Gallen.

Gronk

Staff member
Izzy falou for 2013

A prediction ? I call bullcrap on that one. He's got a gabillion dollar deal with GWS and hasn't even played a FG game for them yet. FMD he might get the Brownlow Medal in 2012.

In any event, we signed Hoppa who is a better player anyway.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I'm sure I had read recently that DL had re-signed with manly

Can't add the link cause im a newb, but search fox sports article about co-captain jason king re-signing from 8/12/11

I wouldve thought that we're done for this year (been saying that for six months now, so probably still wrong) and would've thought the only spot we would be looking to add depth in would be the second row. We have plenty of cattle there but outside of Hindmarsh it drops away in terms of star quality.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm sure I had read recently that DL had re-signed with manly

Can't add the link cause im a newb, but search fox sports article about co-captain jason king re-signing from 8/12/11

I wouldve thought that we're done for this year (been saying that for six months now, so probably still wrong) and would've thought the only spot we would be looking to add depth in would be the second row. We have plenty of cattle there but outside of Hindmarsh it drops away in terms of star quality.

Welcome to the Madhouse Tommy. :cool:

Yeah looks like he's tied up.
With veteran Brent Kite and young gun Darcy Lussick also on board, new coach Geoff Toovey has a formidable prop rotation at his disposal for the Sea Eagles' title defence.

King, who missed the grand final win over the Warriors due to a torn pectoral muscle, said he never really considered leaving the Sea Eagles.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...emiership-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226216618807

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Cheers, not the article that I initailly read but thats confirmed it anyway.

Also, FWIW, heard Sandow on the radio the other monring comment that he thought Roberts would be his 5/8 partner, probably a no brainer but hadn't seen it mentioned in any other thread.

IFR33K

Coach
A prediction ? I call bullcrap on that one. He's got a gabillion dollar deal with GWS and hasn't even played a FG game for them yet. FMD he might get the Brownlow Medal in 2012.

In any event, we signed Hoppa who is a better player anyway.

No more bullcrap then any other rumour in this thread:lol::lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers, not the article that I initailly read but thats confirmed it anyway.

It's confirmed nothing. Darcy Lussick is only contracted until the end of 2012. Any signing news we're talking about at this stage of the year is for 2013 anyway. We're done for 2012 - we have 35 blokes in the fulltime squad. Every other club will be in the same boat - all first grade signings for the 2012 season were finalised a couple of months ago.

Any player movements for next year will only be the last minute backup/depth signings no other club wants - like how we picked up all those golden oldies at the end of last year. Late retirements and walkouts will do that to you.

If you're trying to fill a hole in your roster after mad monday's already been and gone you have to scrape the bottom of the barrell. Obviously up-and-comers like Lussick don't fit that category - they have their futures sorted out years in advance, which is why his manager is currently negotiating for 2013 and beyond. Just like Maloney and Hopoate.

Gronk

Staff member
It's confirmed nothing. Darcy Lussick is only contracted until the end of 2012. Any signing news we're talking about at this stage of the year is for 2013 anyway. We're done for 2012 - we have 35 blokes in the fulltime squad. Every other club will be in the same boat - all first grade signings for the 2012 season were finalised a couple of months ago.

Any player movements for next year will only be the last minute backup/depth signings no other club wants - like how we picked up all those golden oldies at the end of last year. Late retirements and walkouts will do that to you.

If you're trying to fill a hole in your roster after mad monday's already been and gone you have to scrape the bottom of the barrell. Obviously up-and-comers like Lussick don't fit that category - they have their futures sorted out years in advance, which is why his manager is currently negotiating for 2013 and beyond. Just like Maloney and Hopoate.

This was an interesting tweet the other day ..

Dean Ritchie @BulldogRitchie 06_12_11 Don't be surprised if Warriors playmaker James Maloney is at the Roosters next season instead of 2013....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't believe the Warriors would let him go unless they had an in-house replacement lined up.

Why in-house? Because it's too late to get one from somewhere else.

Pazza

First Grade
Who do we have off contract for 2013?

Hindmarsh
Fui
Poore
Shackleton
Smith
Burt
???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who do we have off contract for 2013?

Hindmarsh
Fui
Poore
Shackleton
Smith
Burt
???

All the above plus:

Atkins
Blair
Mannah, J
McGuire
Paulo
Penese
Smith, N

I've had trouble getting information on Ken Sio's contract status, but he's at least with us for 2012.

Gronk

Staff member
WILLIE MASON has been speaking to his old mates in the NRL for several weeks, searching for a possible opening at a Sydney-based club. Mason has made quiet contact with former teammates, telling them he was keen to return to the NRL but not specifying exactly when he would hope to make his comeback to the competition where he made his name. It is believed Mason was eyeing off a start with Parramatta although it's unclear if any formal conversations between the towering forward and the club have taken place. Mason is still very close to former Bulldogs teammate Reni Maitua, who relaunched his own career with the Eels last season. Mason has also had a very strong relationship with former NSW Origin coach Phil Gould, who is general manager at the Panthers. In the past, Gould has touted Mason as a potential Blues skipper. There's no doubting Mason's athletic ability and it appears he has a renewed desire to reach the top again in the NRL. What may count against him is his unhappy stint with the Roosters, which resulted in him being paid out the final year of his contract and moving to North Queensland for the 2010 season. He then headed overseas this year for a short-lived stint with Hull KR and what looks like another truncated stay, this time with Toulon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts