What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I would try to get kite - is a bit under rated obviously not the best prop in the game but is pretty good in defence and willing to make the hard yards in attack. With kite I reckon we could start the game with three props, with one playing lock (which really is normally a middle player like props ) lussick could play lock he is pretty mobile for a big man. it would allow us to start the game with three big man ( our pack lack some size) then bring on smaller more skilful players as the game opens up.

caylo

Bench
I imagine kite would be on big $$ at manly though, I would take him at the right price though. 150-200k mud season

Chipmunk

Coach
I would try to get kite - is a bit under rated obviously not the best prop in the game but is pretty good in defence and willing to make the hard yards in attack. With kite I reckon we could start the game with three props, with one playing lock (which really is normally a middle player like props ) lussick could play lock he is pretty mobile for a big man. it would allow us to start the game with three big man ( our pack lack some size) then bring on smaller more skilful players as the game opens up.

I like this thinking, particularly with a player like Paulo in the team to come off the bench after about 20 minutes. At the moment I think we lack that third middle/tight player in the starting team.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I highly doubt Kite would sign a 1 year deal, Rose maybe, but we don't want him. Like Stagger said, we will not be going for quick fix's anymore. Kite for one year would be nice, but two? No thanks.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I highly doubt Kite would sign a 1 year deal, Rose maybe, but we don't want him. Like Stagger said, we will not be going for quick fix's anymore. Kite for one year would be nice, but two? No thanks.

they're both on their final year of their manly deal anyway. any mutual agreement to take over the terms of agreement would be for the final year, so there's no reason why we can't sign one of them for 2013 only

Chipmunk

Coach
they're both on their final year of their manly deal anyway. any mutual agreement to take over the terms of agreement would be for the final year, so there's no reason why we can't sign one of them for 2013 only

Given the fact that we have gone out to sign top line front rowers in Scott and Tamou and neither of them came, I think Kite is worth a 2 season deal if he can start this week!

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

Thats true, but weren't the Tigers in talks with Kite to sign him for this season and beyond? Manly prob said to him you are free to leave if you get a good deal for yourself, if he had left they would prob have Stewart signed by now. He wouldn't come for one year. We wont sign either of them anyway, we have bigger fish to fry...

oldmancraigy

Coach
That's not a bad idea to front load. I just did the sums and we still should have about $2.5M up our sleeve for 2013.

Did you factor in the loss of Esi and Horo? Those guys would've freed up a massive chunk of space.

Probably more like $3.5m up our sleeve for this year without their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts