What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone read the bullshit punishment Schubert handed down so Manly could sign Crosseyes????? Abolsolute Joke the sooner this prick is sacked the better, that should be first thing Dave Smith does.

Corey Norman named at fullback for the Broncos round 1, Hoffman wing.
So Broncs tring to keep Corey in the top 13 so he re-signs.

caylo

Bench
As I said before - I hope that's where he ends up playing for us since Folau fell through.

Hoppa is two or three times a better fullback then Norman, I would prefer to invest in a backrower or centre then just invest in a running back like Norman who has limited positions he could play due to his size. He is a smaller and slightly better version of Roberts

Tony Bongo

Bench
I would prefer Hopoate in the centres and I think it's questionable as to whether he is a better fullback than Norman. Stuart told me that with his fullbacks he likes them to get their hands on the ball at least a few times with each set of six and I see Norman as a better play maker than Hopoate. I don't know what the plan is with Hayne but I would be happy to see either him or Norman at either 5/8 or Fullback.

pedge

Juniors
I would prefer Hopoate in the centres and I think it's questionable as to whether he is a better fullback than Norman. Stuart told me that with his fullbacks he likes them to get their hands on the ball at least a few times with each set of six and I see Norman as a better play maker than Hopoate. I don't know what the plan is with Hayne but I would be happy to see either him or Norman at either 5/8 or Fullback.

Say what now? He wants his fullbacks to get they're hands on the ball but picks Stewart and Dugan ahead of hayne? I knew this guy was a reject coach, thanks for reconfirming

Avenger

Immortal
I hope people are not forgetting just how good Hopoate was. His arrival next season will be epic. A superstar in the making.

Delboy

First Grade
As Avenger said, dont forget how good Hoppa is

The story I hear is that RS wants 2 props and second rower for next year, and if we can sign a 5/8 as well, that would be handy, doesnt want to just sign players that get in the way of our own juniors

Something like 17 players off contract, and only 3 or 4 that will definitey come back, we can only hope that the team perform like the no names that RS took the minor premiership at the Sharks

phantom eel

First Grade
Hopoate will cover Willie Tonga's spot next year, presuming Willie retires. He'll take a while to get back into the swing of things for two years, so I'm glad Ricky is hunting around for signings in other positions because Hopoate alone won't make the massive difference that we want him to make.

Key positions to bolster - front row (Fuifui will be another year older), second row (Ben Smith will also be another year older), and obviously five-eighth being such a key position (will be interesting to see whether Ricky does get Hayne to make the transition as part of the next contract, and maybe replace him with someone at fullback).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

The story I hear is that RS wants 2 props and second rower for next year, and if we can sign a 5/8 as well, that would be handy, doesnt want to just sign players that get in the way of our own juniors

Something like 17 players off contract, and only 3 or 4 that will definitey come back, we can only hope that the team perform like the no names that RS took the minor premiership at the Sharks

Interesting he wants two props but only one back rower , I thought it would be the other way. I thought along with others we were well covered for prop yet weak at back row - goes to show how little us arm chair experts know.

I am assuming he has a pretty high opinion on our Holden cup trio and expects them to ready for the nrl in the next year or so.

You can build a side around hoppa and Hayne

Avenger

Immortal

Assuming Papalii doesn't change his mind he has one out of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.