What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im sure if we dont get papali and hoppa backs out than we will find someone else to bring.No player is bigger than the club and who knows Loko Morgan and blair my fire and we are prone to loose one of themn for Hoppa

oldmancraigy

Coach
So is Twiz right? Could we already be paying him if his contract is not yet registered?

Suity

We can pay anyone for anything we want. We just couldn't pay him to play NRL football unless his contract has been registered by the NRL for that particular season.

They'll register his 2014 contract after rd 13, just like any other contract that has been signed by anyone. The NRL simply don't register before then.

I remember at the time, Osbourne made comments about the contract, and about getting it through the Schu.
So we could be paying Hoppa some cash to "train" and keep fit etc. The involvement of the Schu was to get a guarantee that those monies wouldn't be counted against us once the guy actually started playing? [or just making it all clear up front??]

There is no way that is correct.

Why not? It's not as if he's off playing union or something. If we want to pay someone while they're not playing, I can't see the problem. Wouldnt be bad business if it takes some pressure off the back end. The bloke is going to be big news when he comes back, on the back of that his clean skin image is going to be a big money spinner for the club.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Parra Pride

Referee
He's crap.

Was crap for the Roosters in first grade last season as well. HUUUGE, but can't tackle anything, is 10x worse than Guru turning to chase the kick, and can't hold the ball.

I wish the Roosters all the best, but bear in the mind the last winger to be compared to Folau was (dun dun duuh) Tautai.... oh my.

Joseph Tomane and Willie Isa were both also compared to Folau.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't have a link but apparently there's an interview with Gareth Hock who has expressed desire to come to us in 2014...

Eels Dude

Coach
Why didn't we sign him for this year again? He changed ESL clubs in the off season didn't he after all that transfer fee talk.

bartman

Immortal
So according to the mole - the eels signed hoppa to a contract which he could terminate at any time ? Would the eels really be that stupid to have a contract like that?
ipad-art-wide-A3-20Paul-20Osborne-420x0.jpg
art-353-stephen-kearney-200x0.jpg

natheel

Coach
I don't have a link but apparently there's an interview with Gareth Hock who has expressed desire to come to us in 2014...

Would be a good addition especially with some guys coming off contract. We need upgrades on our players we let go and tbh that won't be hard to get. But also we could get relatively cheap better players too

Mr Pmatta

Juniors

Read that a while ago nothin to revealing, didn't read too much into it, we put all our eggs in one basket with that other dickhead hence not signing Hock!,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts