What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know but they're not the Eels. Have a look at our recent track record compared to everyone else's. I hope Massoud is wrong but even if he is what would it hurt if we just kept a lid on things until it's official like we did with Hopoate?

It's not as if Canberra didn't know of him signing with us......

It wasn't going to be a secret for long.

Tony Bongo

Bench
It's not as if Canberra didn't know of him signing with us......

It wasn't going to be a secret for long.

I'm not talking about it being kept a secret. What I want to see is our club saying "We don't comment on signings" Why do we need to confirm anything? I think it's better to have an element of doubt rather than egg on our face. We even posted comments about Falou on our official website FFS and all we had was a handshake. It does nothing other than make our club look like a joke IMO.

Parra Pride

Referee
I'm not talking about it being kept a secret. What I want to see is our club saying "We don't comment on signings" Why do we need to confirm anything? I think it's better to have an element of doubt rather than egg on our face. We even posted comments about Falou on our official website FFS and all we had was a handshake. It does nothing other than make our club look like a joke IMO.

We had a contract signed with Folau, Schubert just didn't accept it.

mickdo

Coach
Really? So why did we shout it from the rooftops before he cleared it?

Seriously, why is everyone trying to blame timings of announcements for things not working? We got shafted by the NRL (as usual). Announcing it or not made no difference. Talk about agendas.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Seriously, why is everyone trying to blame timings of announcements for things not working? We got shafted by the NRL (as usual). Announcing it or not made no difference. Talk about agendas.

I don't want to talk about your agendas. I also don't know if you are aware or not, but we made an announcement regarding Folau before we had anything to announce. If you know differently then please enlighten us, but as far as I know we had no contract with him other than a handshake.

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree with you Tony. The whole thing with Ken Edwards telling everyone to send their messages to Folau made the club look pretty stupid in hindsight. The club needs to recognize it's not a done deal until the NRL ratifies the contract. In the case with Papali, I think we got played by his management a bit, though that was the same with Falau to those who continually blame Schubert and the NRL, so the club could have learned from that in regards to announcing the signing.

I guess I just don't see this case as one in which we have 'egg on our faces'. If the Raiders have, in fact, exercised their contractual right to match our offer, then so be it. It's disappointing that we may have missed out on a good player, but the 'egg on our faces' stuff is just stuff that journo's need to come up with to sell papers when not much has actually happened. I mean, who is seriously embarrassed by this? Disappointed...sure, frustrated...sure.

mickdo

Coach
I don't want to talk about your agendas. I also don't know if you are aware or not, but we made an announcement regarding Folau before we had anything to announce. If you know differently then please enlighten us, but as far as I know we had no contract with him other than a handshake.

My agendas Tony? I'm not the one who ran for election :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Did you hand out flyers though this time, or have a break Mickdo? There's not much difference between the two when you're playing spot the agenda ;-).

Tony Bongo

Bench
My agendas Tony? I'm not the one who ran for election :lol:

Yeah but I've fulfilled my goal of running and I'm over the politics. Clearly you're not though but hey there's nothing wrong with sticking up for your mates. You can be assured I will be sticking up for mine if this pathetic administration continue on with their childish witch hunt.

mickdo

Coach
Yeah but I've fulfilled my goal of running and I'm over the politics. Clearly you're not though but hey there's nothing wrong with sticking up for your mates. You can be assured I will be sticking up for mine if this pathetic administration continue on with their childish witch hunt.

Your recent comments certainly don't suggest you are 'over' the politics

Tony Bongo

Bench
Your recent comments certainly don't suggest you are 'over' the politics

Really? Why because I speak up when those running the club are dropping the ball? I don't care who they are, they need to be willing to take a pat on the back when they are doing the right thing, just the same as a kick up the arse when things need improving - but hey you can claim that everything is right in the world of Parramatta if you want. In my books there is nothing wrong with being clear about how things could be improved. I do it with my kids and staff all the time - that's how they improve but hey if you want to settle for the wooden spoon and say that all is good then don't let me stop you.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Really? Why because I speak up when those running the club are dropping the ball? I don't care who they are, they need to be willing to take a pat on the back when they are doing the right thing, just the same as a kick up the arse when things need improving - but hey you can claim that everything is right in the world of Parramatta if you want. In my books there is nothing wrong with being clear about how things could be improved. I do it with my kids and staff all the time - that's how they improve but hey if you want to settle for the wooden spoon and say that all is right in the world then don't let me stop you.

No Your ment to say Booo Hadley boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bartman

Immortal
Yes, Tony, unfortunately some people don't like it when people speak up in criticism of the club... they'll try and criticise people who do on the forums, but dishonestly won't owning up to their own agenda in doing so.

People have always been speaking up in criticism of the club under any previous regime - it's not political, just something any member should do (want their organisation to be the best it can). Trouble is, that certain people on here that want to protect their certain interests are often the first ones to infect threads with claims of "agenda" and 'political" and "deathrider". :roll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts