What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
I think it means that Adam Thomson is a new comm (media ?) dude for the Eels and Ross Smart approves.

EDIT: He's a journo alright. He wrote the last book for Brad Fitler.

Last edited:
Yeah just wondering how many PR people we have had since Rossco? Good man Rossco, got poached over to the Dogs after we let him go at the end of 2009.

Gronk

Staff member
Can't keep 'em all ?

Sydney Roosters excited by giant 'Israel Folau-like' winger Daniel Tupou

The familiar sensation traced back to a number of years earlier, when O'Sullivan signed a lanky kid named Israel Folau for his previous bosses at the Melbourne Storm.

In his first three NRL appearances late last year and throughout the trials, Tupou has done everything to suggest he'll do likewise.
The 195cm Tongan winger bagged a hat-trick against Wests Tigers in just his second NRL appearance and was last week rewarded with a two-year contract extension.
The security of the new deal is something foreign to the Bulldogs junior, who couldn't make Canterbury's SG Ball squad.
"I was a Bulldogs fan growing up and it was always my dream to play for them," Tupou said.
"But it didn't work out. I don't really know why, I suppose I just wasn't good enough."
Tupou received a lifeline from Parramatta but struggled to get a consistent chance on the wing in Toyota Cup during his two-year stint.
O'Sullivan, however, liked what he saw from the limited exposure and offered a healthy deal to defect to Bondi.
Parramatta responded with just $15,000 a season, leaving Tupou with no choice but to pack his bags.

The most striking aspect of Tupou's game is his vertical leap, which, when added to his height, should ooze points for the Roosters.
It's a skill he honed as a junior high jumper and sprinter, representing at state level in schoolboy carnivals.

eel01s

Bench
It sounds like he always wanted to play for the Bulldogs so it's hard to say we lost him when his heart was never in our club.

But he was in our system and from the article, some red tape prevented him playing in a higher grade. Bulldogs talent scouts obviously saw something they liked, whereas we didn't. Given the lack of forward talent we have at our disposal this is pretty poor.

On your point regarding Klemmer being a Bulldogs fan, I reckon many NRL players grew up following different teams than those that they play for.

Gronk

Staff member
But he was in our system and from the article, some red tape prevented him playing in a higher grade. Bulldogs talent scouts obviously saw something they liked, whereas we didn't. Given the lack of forward talent we have at our disposal this is pretty poor.

On your point regarding Klemmer being a Bulldogs fan, I reckon many NRL players grew up following different teams than those that they play for.

Hindy was a Dogs fan growing up.

#nuffsaid

natheel

Coach
Anyone see the RLW mole section?

He's reporting hoppa may back out of his contract due to his brothers sacking. Tbh cant see it happening as if that was the case he wouldve done it by now. And also it stays he wanted to play along side jamil...where there was no guarantees he would make first grade (jamil)

Also I remember will and his manager came out and said he will honor his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts