What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
I don't think he's coming here to play off the bench Suity. He will be the starting hooker.

Honestly MK would do a better job then some of our backrowers.

Now im not trying to say we should move keating to the backrow but if Hiffy came here MK could very easily play lock. He has the defensive ability (he is one of our best defender apart from hindy), he has ball playing ability and he is pretty evasive with a good step. He could very easily be a Stagg or Johnson type lock and if Hilfy comes here that what I think Kearney will be doing because they both are 80min players or at least 60min and having them play 40min each is a waste of cap space. I think if we sign Smith as well we might line up something along the line of (this is what I think kearney will do):

8 Mannah
9 Hinchy
10 Poore (i think Kearney will keep him)
11 Ryan
12 Smith
13 Keating

bench: Matuia, Smith, Lussick, Allgood

If we dont get Smith and loss Poore; Matuia and Lussick move into the starting line up and Paulo and Peni move onto the bench (obviously that depends on who we get as well).

Last edited:

Ratchy

Juniors
Why so negative re. Hinchcliffe last year in the city country game he outshone Farah did he not...He is a solid footballer coming from a team with a winning culture..

And even if Hinchcliffe does play in the backrow he is an improvement on what we got at the moment

jimmy77au

Juniors
Honestly MK would do a better job then some of our backrowers.

Now im not trying to say we should move keating to the backrow but if Hiffy came here MK could very easily play lock. He has the defensive ability (he is one of our best defender apart from hindy), he has ball playing ability and he is pretty evasive with a good step. He could very easily be a Stagg or Johnson type lock and if Hilfy comes here that what I think Kearney will be doing because they both are 80min players or at least 60min and having them play 40min each is a waste of cap space. I think if we sign Smith as well we might line up something along the line of (this is what I think kearney will do):

8 Mannah
9 Hilfy
10 Poore (i think Kearney will keep him)
11 Ryan
12 Smith
13 Keating

bench: Matuia, Smith, Lussick, Allgood

If we dont get Smith and loss Poore; Matuia and Lussick move into the starting line up and Paulo and Peni move onto the bench (obviously that depends on who we get as well).

FMD - I know the rotation policy is controversial - but I didn't realise it was that big a deal! Seriously though, of all the Aussie Bowlers, Hilffy is probably closest to a Rugby League Build - so could be a Master Stroke from SK - in terms of his selection policy - and the RL could benefit from the cross code / sport Marketing that comes with the selection....Can he play Rugby League? Is he too old to make the switch?

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
FMD - I know the rotation policy is controversial - but I didn't realise it was that big a deal! Seriously though, of all the Aussie Bowlers, Hilffy is probably closest to a Rugby League Build - so could be a Master Stroke from SK - in terms of his selection policy - and the RL could benefit from the cross code / sport Marketing that comes with the selection....Can he play Rugby League? Is he too old to make the switch?

If mcdermott can make him into a test bowler then anything is possible ;)

Hours of study are finally turning my brain into caseous liquefaction, of course I meant Hinchy

boxhead

First Grade
I'll try and lighten the mood.

candle.jpg

Parra Pride

Referee
I can't believe people are actually happy about the prospect of signing Hinchcliffe, setting aside the fact he is dead set average, let's consider something else. When players play for the Storm they grown an extra leg (just look at the way a bloke like Jason Ryles is playing) contrastly when they come to us they play below what they have previously, all of that = dud buy Hinchcliffe.

#WasteOfMoney

oldmancraigy

Coach
He did ok in our lower grades back in the day. We're lacking a back-up hooker option for 2013 with Casey's demise, not that Kearney has seen fit to use a hooker rotation on the bench...

Yeah, Kearney never used Casey off the bench as a hooker. For some reason he had him coming on as a backrower!

jimmy77au

Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
Dogs have just signed Sam perrett.
add inu and thats two x 200k players coming mid season that wont count till next years cap.Surely that is a litle unfair-Beeing able to fill your injury areas with mid season buys..
Anyhows he would of been a god pick up for parra

emjaycee

Coach
add inu and thats two x 200k players coming mid season that wont count till next years cap.Surely that is a litle unfair-Beeing able to fill your injury areas with mid season buys..

Unfair but if our inept board, coach and recruitment manager knew how to manage the cap we could have done the same to replace loko

oldmancraigy

Coach

Why won't they count against this years cap?

Noise

Coach
Why won't they count against this years cap?

I assume that if warriors and roosters are completely paying this years salary then it won't count against the dogs cap. Smart move by the dogs if that is what's happening. Pity our recruiting team aren't so clever. Dogs would take over from 2013

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors
I assume that if warriors and roosters are completely paying this years salary then it won't count against the dogs cap. Smart move by the dogs if that is what's happening. Pity our recruiting team aren't so clever. Dogs would take over from 2013

You think wingers are what we need?

Gronk

Staff member
Buzz,
Will Jeremy smith be at the sharks next year?
They want to offload him but he is playing so well????

Tim (Reply)
Mon 18 Jun 12 (09:34am)

photo_384.jpg
They don’t want to offload but other clubs are sniffing around. The latest I’ve heard is the Knights.
Phil Rothfield
Mon 18 Jun 12 (09:36am)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts